|Job Type:||Full Time|
Qube's vision is to be Australia's leading provider of integrated logistics solutions focused on import and export supply chains.
Qube Bulk division provides complete mine to market and mine resupply solutions offering mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. We handle more than 85 million tonnes per annum of various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods.
Qube Bulk is an industry leader in safety initiatives and innovation through advanced In-Vehicle Management Systems (IVMS), fleet monitoring, supply chain management technology and equipment performance-based standards engineering.
About the role
Currently looking for experienced MC Truck Drivers to join our local team in an ongoing role based at our Rockingham operation. The scope of work will involve operating our 18 speed road ranger Western Star and Volvo Prime Movers hauling Sodium Cyanide.
To be successful for the role, you must :
- Have a valid MC Licence
- Have a valid Dangerous goods Licence
- Experience across Sodium Cyanide Deliveries
- Be flexible and in a position to work weekends
- Experience and competent to professionally operate a Manual Western Star gear box prime mover
- Experienced in driving heavy bulk vehicles and other machinery as used by Qube
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable Commonwealth/State Safety and Environmental legislation and standards, Main Road Heavy vehicle legislation and permitting standards
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
- Ability to follow strict workplace and safety procedures
- Efficient operation of the Prime Mover and associated equipment
- Complete all necessary associated documentation (such as the preparation and signing of cartage dockets and service requests)
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of deficiencies in the delivery of product
- Take good care of vehicles / plant under your care
- Ensure compliance with all safety, fatigue, Main Roads Heavy vehicle operating guide lines and company guidelines, loading requirements, axle weights and any other relevant policy and procedure
Working at Qube
- State of the Art well maintained gear
- Access to our employee well-being program.
- We provide career pathways and development opportunities
- Committed to promoting workplace diversity
- Encouraging the next generation
- Committed to providing a safe work environment for our employees
At Qube we value diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. We empower our people to deliver exceptional results for our customers every day and pride ourselves in offering a safe and inclusive workplace.
Sound like you? Make the move and apply now!