|Job Type:||Full Time|
Analyst - Data Governance - Endeavour X
- Can be based in Sydney (Surry Hills) or Melbourne (Alphington)
- Play a key role in the implementation of a robust data governance & privacy framework
- Work in a fun, dynamic, fast-paced environment
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Data Governance Manager, the Analyst Data Governance forms part of the Endeavour X data and personalisation team and is tasked with working within the data governance & privacy team to implement a robust data governance framework across Endeavour.
The increasing focus within Woolworths, and amongst regulators, on data governance and protection, particularly in the area of PI data, makes this an increasingly important area for Endeavour.
This role will play a critical part in supporting the implementation of components of the data governance framework. A key part of the role will be working in close collaboration with the data personalisation, data management & privacy teams across Woolworths and Endeavour.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the delivery of data governance across Endeavour and work with the data governance & privacy team to develop and execute a strategic road map to ensure our data is safe and trusted.
- Support the implementation of standards, processes and practices required to meet data privacy requirements and ensure they are cascaded within Endeavour.
- Contribute to the implementation of the new group data governance framework within Endeavour.
- Contribute to the implementation of the group data risk management framework within Endeavour in close collaboration with the group data team. This includes managing risks and obligations in relation to personally identifiable information and working with stakeholders in dealing with any risk incidents.
- Support the implementation of a new data lineage, metadata & reference data management framework and technology solution in partnership with IT. Utilise this solution to identify, initiate and champion improvements in data quality, sustainability and security.
- Support the requirement to ensure Endeavour data assets are classified, certified and prioritised to enable our community of users to trust the data they use in their decision making processes.
- Alongside other members of the data and personalisation team, work to uplift the group-wide Endeavour data culture and capabilities.
Who we are looking for:
This is a terrific career opportunity for someone who wants to further their skills in data governance. It would particularly suit someone who:
- has had experience working in the field of data governance
- has had exposure to data governance, data information security practices, and cloud databases
- has had exposure to data quality, lineage, metadata, data ownership & accountability, retention and disposal
- has had exposure to business catalog and data quality tooling
- has an understanding of data personalisation, analytics, and reporting
- has the ability to work autonomously, manage stakeholders, and deliver on multiple streams of work simultaneously
- has the ability to work across multiple brands and stakeholders of varying levels of maturity
- has experience working in a project environment, is delivery focussed, and experienced in an agile methodology
- Has at least 10 years experience in a data governance analyst and/or project management role in a data and/or risk related role within a large organisation or consulting firm
- Can manage complex stakeholder management across business units
- Has experience in implementing frameworks, policies, processes, and transformational agendas in large organisations
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You