|Location:||New South Wales, Newcastle|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
For more than 25 years WesTrac has set the benchmark in equipment management solutions, providing customers across Western Australia, New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory. As one of the largest authorised Cat equipment dealers in the world, WesTrac provides customer with a wide range of machinery and construction equipment as well as comprehensive whole-of-life management solutions. With more than 3,300 staff and 190 apprentices, WesTrac is dedicated to creating and delivering outstanding value for our employees. Let’s do the Work.
First Class Machinists – Tomago
About the role
Positions are available within our growing Machining and Reclamation business for experienced machinists, CNC & manual lathe and mill operators, cylindrical/crankshaft grinder operators, rottler cylinder block reclamation machine operators & HVOF and twin wire arc spray operators.
The Machine Shop offers a safety focused environment working with a growing team of professional machinists, working across a wide product range and reclamation procedures with state of the art machines and tooling.
The positions are available on a full time permanent basis working a rotating roster of two weeks of day shift (6am-4:30pm) followed by two weeks of afternoon shift (4pm-2:30am).
- CNC and manual lathes, horizontal and vertical borers, milling
- CNC large engine block machining (F107 Rottler Milling machine)
- Crankshaft grinding, cylindrical grinding and general machining
Skills & Experience
- Qualified 1st Class Machinist with post trade experience
- Crankshaft or Cylindrical grinder experience
- Metal spray or HVOF coating experience
- CNC vertical borer machining experience
- Self-motivated and ambitious Machinist
- Welder with reclamation experience using submerged arc and bore welders an advantage.
- Competitive base hourly rate plus 22.5% allowances
- Income protection covering you 24/7
- Refer a friend program – work alongside your mates and receive $1000 for each successful referral!
- Discounts with Blackwoods, Apple, JB Hi-Fi, Qantas, Travel Club and more
- On-boarding and welcome day at our Head Office in Newcastle
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please submit your cover letter and resume for consideration via the link.
For further information regarding this role, please contact our Recruitment team on 1300 797 028.
Successful applicants will be required to complete a satisfactory National Criminal History Check as part of the recruitment process.
At WesTrac, our primary focus is our people. As we look to the future, we’re focused on harnessing the best talent and providing them with the support they need to achieve success. WesTrac is a member of the Diversity Council of Australia and recognise the value of and strongly support the principles of equal employment opportunities in the workplace and are committed to continue to build our workplace culture.