|Job Type:||Full Time|
Boral’s Hall Quarry is one of two hard rock resources Boral operates to support the ongoing expansion of ACT and surrounding Southern NSW regions. The quarry supplies the aggregates and crushed rock needed to produce materials such as, concrete and asphalt, which are subsequently distributed to worksites across Canberra and regional NSW.
An opportunity has now become available for an experienced Quarry Supervisor to join the team at Hall Quarry. This is a key position where you will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations while assisting the Quarry Manager to ensure the safe, efficient and productive operation of the Quarry.
You will possess a strong safety focus and a genuine interest in the day-to-day management and challenges of running a quarry, whilst also ensuring that supplied quarry products meet the relevant Australian Standards and customer specifications. This is a permanent role with an attractive salary on offer, reporting into the Quarry Manager. This role requires the successful candidate to be available to work some Saturday’s.
- Lead Safety and Environmental compliance and best practice across all activities to assist in achieving our goal of ZERO HARM
- The running of the operations on a day to day basis along with the Quarry Manager
- Supervise and coordinate all daily activities carried out on site
- Ensure that plant and equipment are operated within safe working conditions and ensure environmental and OHS legislative requirements are met
- Promote, facilitate and initiate LEAN activities
- Establish and maintain high standards of work performance and optimum levels of product/equipment quality
- Ensure that customers receive high-quality products and services
What are we looking for?
- Proven ability and experience in supervising a quarry operation
- Self-motivated with a strong commitment to safety and quality
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all people, including leading and influencing people
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team with minimal supervision;
- Strong people and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise competing deadlines
Why join Boral?
- Opportunity to work in a busy, highly successful team with genuine training and career development opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package on offer (includes a tool of trade vehicle and mobile)
- Discounted financial services and external partner discounts
- Organisation that is dedicated to the overall wellbeing, health and safety of employees
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral had approximately 16,500 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries as at 30 June 2017.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Click to Apply or visit http://careers.boral.com.au