- An opportunity to Lead & influence our business
- Permanent position – $139,438 + Super
- Based in our Leederville office
One organisation. One hugely diverse workforce
Our diversity is our strength
Different backgrounds. Different experiences. Different areas of expertise. It’s our diverse mix of people that makes Water Corporation such a hugely rewarding place to work. As the principal supplier of water, wastewater and drainage services across Western Australia, we offer exciting career opportunities state-wide. Needless to say, we welcome ambitious job seekers who share our commitment to providing excellent customer service for West Australians. Fresh faces wanted.
About the role
We have a permanent opportunity within the Business Innovation and Improvement business unit for a Principal - Product Development & Delivery . Based in our Leederville office, this role will be accountable for driving business improvement capability and culture across the organisation by coaching and training business professionals in innovation and improvement methods, and through the development and delivery of innovation and improvement tools/approaches/methodologies.
What the role will offer
- Lead the development and delivery of Innovation and Improvement related tools/approaches/methodologies to ensure standardisation in the resolution of complex problems
- Actively work with stakeholders to promote and embed a culture of improvement and innovation through influencing, coaching and training activities underpinned by the Innovation & Improvement strategy/roadmap.
- Actively contribute to identify opportunities for business process improvement across the corporation in alignment with the Corporate Objectives
- Apply effective change management and stakeholder engagement techniques
- Plan and manage the facilitation of workshops
- Manage projects in line with the project governance standards, including supervision of contract staff utilised to deliver the project, and stakeholder relationship management
- Identify with stakeholders the benefits realisation metrics to measure cost reductions or efficiency improvements from improvement initiatives and new product deployments
- Key opportunity for progression into Management role/s
Key skills and experience
- Degree level qualification in related discipline with experience working in teams in large scale improvement functions
- Experience in coaching and training innovation and improvement concepts
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Accreditation
- Delivered effective sustainable change within a large organisation
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver business efficiency and effectiveness through the application of business improvement, change management, and project management principles
- Experience in leading teams highly regarded
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please submit a covering letter and resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role. Applications close 25th January 2021.
As part of the recruitment process you will be required to complete Pre-Employment screening which may include a medical, qualification check police clearance and Australian working rights check.
Our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace
Water Corporation is committed to creating a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and our community. How we will achieve this is outlined in our Diversity and Inclusion Management Plan and People Strategy.
We acknowledge the different skills, experiences and perspectives that people from diverse backgrounds including, race, ethnicity, disability, age, gender identity and sexual orientation bring to the workplace, will only strengthen our workforce.
We are committed to ensuring that our workplace is inclusive, where all our people feel that they belong, are valued, respected and have equal access to opportunities and resources.
We encourage applications from our key priority communities – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, women, youth and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment to enable people with disability to participate fully in all aspects of employment wherever possible by offering reasonable adjustments including adjustments in our recruitment, selection and appointment processes.”
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit our website