|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Welcome to Digital Sales Sydney where you will join a team of smart, hardworking, intelligent specialists passionate about cloud technologies and helping our customers succeed.
Our Azure specialist team works closely with the account executives and the technologist team to engage with customers, understand their primary business issues and help to compose cloud based solutions that drive the outcomes they need.
As an Azure Specialist in Apps & Infrastructure you will manage a portfolio of typically 75-100 customers in the corporate segment, focused on the Retail Industry. Your accountabilities include supporting our large existing clients, clients building their cloud competence and clients keen to take their first steps towards hybrid world.
Further to this you will be goaled on assisting customers move 'up the stack' from pure IaaS based Solutions to more advanced PaaS based offerings and helping customers take their first steps from on-prem to hybrid solutions.
This is an exciting team using Microsoft proven digital sales capabilities with AI assisted tools that deliver unique insight and perception into client needs.
If you see a bright future with cloud technology, want to use the latest digital tools, are hungry to develop new sales capability and domain expertise then apply for this role and let's get started.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
- Engage with customers across the Retail Industry, with varied company sizes and types to determine needs and identify opportunities to fulfill these needs with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies
- Expanding strategic Retail customer relationships to drive larger impact and targeted business growth and drive the jointly agreed customer multi-year Digital Transformation business strategy through articulating Microsoft’s Azure Infrastructure offerings, delivering agreed outcomes while leading a virtual internal and external team with the customer and partners
- Being the first contact point for many customers, deliver strong first impression, and set foundation for long term customer relationship
- Communicate effectively with line of business and IT decision makers effectively via phone, email and social tools
- Work strategically to remove technical and business sales roadblocks and innovate to improve business development practices
- Develop a thorough understanding of solutions and relevant business pains, and become proficient conducting high-level demos of primary selling scenarios for solution
- Understand competitor solutions and products and drive compete messaging to increase Microsoft Azure penetration
- Work in a fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic teaming environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the extended sales team, partners, and marketing to conduct whitespace analysis to pursue high potential customers and develop a target list of potential business
- Generate new leads through territory planning, call down campaigns, events, and demos and conduct personal campaigns to discover new opportunities
- Effectively turn prospects and qualified leads into opportunities and revenue pipeline by qualifying opportunities and selling with Microsoft partners
- Ensure excellence in pipeline management, pipeline hygiene, and sales execution against targets
- Meet and exceed daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly targets, including pipeline generation and activity-based targets; accurately forecast pipeline generation
- Leverage best-in-class sales and communication tools to accelerate sales, maintain high daily activity, minimum ~60-90 activities/day
- Strong solution sales background, with technology-related experience, with a focus on cloud infrastructure technologies preferred
- Retail Industry and Retail Partner ISV expertise preferred
- Experience in leading and driving solutions, orchestrating virtual selling teams where necessary, leveraging repeatable offerings
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Possess executive maturity, presence and experience in building trust with Retail business decision makers articulating and demonstrating solution propositions, specifically solutions related migration to cloud, hybrid cloud, datacenter infrastructure modernization and DevOps/DevTest on how Retail Organizations can digitally transform
- Ability to drive digital transformation in a highly competitive environment with proven ability to successfully anticipate market changes to drive industry-relevant solutions, with an understanding of competitive technologies to address competitive threats and navigate complex customer environments
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt, and master new concepts and technologies to be able to impact their adoption and usage
- Azure Foundations or equivalent certifications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.