|Location:||New South Wales|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate .
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse to work at Uniting Starett Lodge in Hamlyn Terrace, NSW, on a casual basis.
We want someone who thoroughly enjoys nursing, has excellent clinical skills, can provide engaged leadership and who has a passion for providing exceptional care.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Excel at contemporary clinical assessment, making the most of funding we receive. You’ll be confident using the ACFI funding recording tool to achieve this.
- You will oversee the clinical assessment process to ensure that each of our residents’ complex care needs are identified and regularly reviewed, reassessed and updated in their care plan.
- You’ll advocate with and for our clients and their carers and families to enable choice and decision making that supports independence and quality of life.
- Your clinical leadership will ensure complex care and specialized nursing services are delivered by appropriately skilled staff under clinically-focused supervision.
- You’ll support your team by sharing your knowledge, providing mentoring and clinical supervision on shift.
- Registered Nurse, endorsed by AHPRA
- Flu vaccination
- Proof of hours from previous employment
Skills & experience
- A good understanding of contemporary aged care, clinical practice and clinical leadership in a residential setting
- Previous experience in the aged care sector and clinical nursing
- Insight into how relevant state and Commonwealth legislation impacts aged care services
- A good knowledge of the ACFI funding instrument and aged care accreditation standards
- Great written documentation and assessment skills
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
For Further Information Contact: Tracey Garratt on (02) 4393 8800
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.