|Job Type:||Full Time|
Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer / Metallurgist – FIFO 8/6
- Perfect role to develop your experience at any level
- Exciting environment and experience working within an iron ore wet plant
- Real technical and leadership progression and opportunities
- Family friendly fly in fly out roster with 8 days on and 6 days off - Hope Downs 4
About the role
We are looking for a Process Engineer / Chemical Engineer/ Metallurgist to join our plant operations team at Hope Downs 4. In this role, you will provide technical support and leadership for operations and maintenance staff, assisting in improving plant availability and performance in order to maximise plant throughput whilst minimising the associated costs. Optimisation and improvement of the process plant will be a key focus of this role.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Fixed Plant, you will:
- Ensure plant capacity is fully optimised and production targets are met
- Provide technical support and advice to all operation crews and frontline leaders
- Identify process improvement opportunities
- Foster a culture of zero harm
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly plant reports for the management team
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A degree or equivalent tertiary qualification in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing, Process Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Understanding of unit operations of mineral processing equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
So, if you are looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to work at a great location with an exceptional team of technical experts, apply now!
Where you will be working
Located 30km north of Newman, Hope Downs 4 commenced operations in 2013, and offers modern accommodation facilities along with a family friendly FIFO 8 days on, 6 days off roster.
In the Pilbara region of Western Australia, Rio Tinto operates the world's largest integrated portfolio of iron ore assets with industry-leading margins. Our premium product suite, including our flagship Pilbara blend, drives strong customer relationships and is supported by technical and commercial marketing expertise. The iron ore business continues to be the world's largest autonomous truck operator and a proud leader in automated mining technologies.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions. This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable.
Applications close on Wednesday 30th September (Rio Tinto reserves the right to remove advertised roles prior to this date)