|Job Type:||Full Time|
Diesel Fitter | Electrical | Fitter and Turner
- Gain on the job experience, knowledge in a recognised trade qualification
- Global mining organisation
- Unique, coastal location - Gove
About the role
We are looking for local mining industry apprentice enthusiasts to join our Gove maintenance teams, where you will work across a variety of areas and gain exceptional knowledge and skills.
Each role is a great opportunity for a hands on, self-starter who is looking to commence their career in the mining industry. Reporting to the respective area Supervisors, you will be:
- Learning trade knowledge and skills relating to plant maintenance, machinery, processes and systems deployed across the operation;
- Working towards completing an apprenticeship in conjunction with a nationally recognised training plan through internal and external training (i.e. TAFE);
- Working as part of a team to ensure safe, continuous and environmentally responsible operations;
- Gaining experience from a range of qualified trade experts whilst being supported by onsite apprentice mentors.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- The desire and willingness to learn with a self-motivated ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong work ethic evident though previous work experience
- Proven commitment to health, safety and environmental work practices
- Experience working as part of a team and strong verbal and written communication skills
- A Northern Territory C class drivers licence (provisional acceptable)
- The willingness to undertake online cognitive and psychometric evaluation assessments
- The ability to successfully complete Rio Tinto’s pre-employment medical.
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We have developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is subject to Rio Tinto's Pre-Employment Screening Standard and will involve your consent to conduct occupational health assessments and pre-employment checks. Applications close on 28 September 2020.