|Job Type:||Full Time|
Posted date: 17-Sep-2020
Location: Carrapateena Mine, SA, AU, 5713
Carrapateena is a large-scale, world class modern mine operated by world class people. This exciting role is now available, and we want the very best geological talent onboard to help innovate the way we look at our rocks!
At OZ Minerals Carrapateena, we believe our greatest asset is our people and we are working hard to provide a wonderful mix of age, cultural and geographical backgrounds to further enrich our inclusive workplace culture. We truly value your ideas and encourage you to champion innovation and collaboration, we are here to unlock your value and offer opportunities that supercharge your career to go beyond what is possible.
Our focus is on creating value for all our stakeholders: employees, communities, shareholders, supplier and government equally. We care about how you do it, not just what you do. Our How we work together principles underpin everything we do.
Location: Carrapateena, South Australia (60-minute flight from Adelaide)
Roster: We want the best and we are flexible! Options for flexible working are real, so tell us what appeals to you! We have flights daily to site from both Adelaide or Port Augusta, and the best part is travel is 100% in company time.
Reporting to: Geology Superintendent
Pay & Benefits: We offer competitive Australian mining industry pay and benefits. We can talk about specifics later.
The Senior – Mining Geologist role will focus on ensuring the value of Carrapateena is maximised. Specifically, this includes:
- Supervision of key requirements of the mine geology functions including:
- Investigation of, and reporting on, variances
- Grade, volume, and deleterious elements
- Geological interpretation and grade control block model updates
- Grade and volume input and communication to Processing
- Liaison with Cave Flow and Mine Planning functions.
- Management of geological database/s.
- Internal auditing of geology functions ensuring consistency with industry best practice
- Continuous development of safe work procedures:
- Ongoing mentoring, coaching and guidance to geologists and technicians.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to drive value add projects aligned to:
- Consistent communications to key stakeholders with respect to geological grade, model, and plan predictive performance.
- Effective interaction with Carrapateena CP and Specialist Resource Geologist.
- Other geological role functions as required, inclusive of site safety leadership expectations.
- >6 years’ experience in underground hard rock Geology
- Exposure to IOCG style orebodies or base metal deposits
- Ability to deliver and drive safe geology practices
- Experience using geology related software inclusive of:
- Leapfrog Geo & Central
- Experience and passionate about leading a team of geology professionals
- Undergraduate qualifications in earth sciences (geology, geophysics)
We are an Australian-based modern mining company with a core focus on copper, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX100). We own the Prominent Hill and Carrapateena copper-gold mines and are progressing the West Musgrave project (Australia's largest undeveloped copper-nickel resource).
Carrapateena is an iron-oxide copper-gold deposit located in South Australia on the eastern margin of the Gawler Craton.
If you satisfy all the applicant requirements and think you can make a difference, please apply below.
Applications close 1st October 2020