|Location:||New South Wales|
Naval Ship Management (Australia) Pty Ltd (NSM) is a leading provider of asset management solutions to the Australian maritime sector. Utilising a team of highly skilled professionals strategically located across Australia in conjunction with a robust, agile and scalable international supply chain, NSM provides cost-effective, responsive and customer-focused solutions that optimise the availability and capability of our customers’ critical assets.
Established in 2012,as a Joint Venture between Babcock Pty Ltd and UGL Ltd, we now support assets across the Royal Australian Navy’s fleet - most notably the Anzac Class Frigates as a member of the Warship Asset Management Agreement (WAMA) and the Canberra Class Landing Helicopter Docks (LHD), LHD Landing Craft (LLC) and associated assets. Our services include: Engineering Support Services;Maintenance Support Services; Ship Repair, Refit and Refurbishment; Supply Chain Management and Procurement and Logistics.
About the role
The core objective of the Commercial Analyst is to measure NSM’s performance against the Commonwealth mandated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Strategic Performance Measures (SPMs), System Health Indicators (SHIs) and any other performance metrics that drive NSM’s performance under the ACPC. Clear, concise, periodical performance measurement, analysis and reporting will encourage fact base decision making, driving the correct behaviours in the business resulting in added value to the customer, and increased profitability to NSM.
- Produce periodical reporting on NSM’s performance against the Commonwealth mandated KPI’s, SPM’s and SHI’s under the ACPC contract
- Manage processes, models, data and business rules used to calculate results against mandated KPI’s, SPM’s and SHI’s under the ACPC Contract
- Elicit business reporting requirement through NSM stakeholder engagement to understand performance measurement across all NSM ACPC functions
- Develop both external market and internal business drivers to measure NSM’s performance
- Develop and maintain consolidated periodic dashboards for reporting business performance across all NSM ACPC functions
- Understand system capabilities, mine data and develop automated methods for reporting
- Identify data gaps, recommend system enhancements and or put in place manual data capture where required
- Produce modelling and or analysis to support business cases
- Tertiary Qualifications in engineering, business or finance discipline
- Demonstrable attribute as a change agent and a systems thinker
- Advanced Microsoft Excel
- Intermediate SAP
- Experience developing KPI dashboard reports utilising BIsoftware
- Experience working with large data sets
- Must either hold, or be eligible to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance
- MUST be an Australian Citizen
- Operational and or Financial modelling skills
- Experience in developing relational databases
- Experience in Contract Management