|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
- Commercial Manager to partner with IT to deliver a new technology system
- Strong stakeholder and Project Management skills required
- Fixed Term fulltime opportunity (to 2023)
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions. We work with several government agencies to coordinate road, rail, bus and maritime services, always keeping the safety and comfort of our customers at the heart of what we do.
About the Team
The Safety, Environment and Regulation (SER) division upholds safety and sustainability in our transport system. We’re working to deliver globally-recognised, safe, sustainable transport for our people, customers and the community.
The Regulatory Operations team deliver, support and monitor a number of Regulatory Programs and work in conjunction with a variety of teams in the Comp-liance area of SER.
Right now, we have a unique opportunity for a commercially astute individual with strong stakeholder management skills who is capable of planning, leading and managing complex Information Technology, to work closely with the IT Project team tasked with delivering a new technology strategy/project which will satisfy the requirements of all stakeholders using the system. Your role will be developing a business case and working with the IT Project Managers throughout the project to ensure that business requirements are met. You will be involved in:
- Working with the project team in all aspects of project development and implementation of this complex technology based project, including preparing a business case, establishing appropriate governance, and ensuring project outcomes are achieved on time, on budget, to quality standards and in line with the Agency project management methodology.
- Working with and providing expert advice and information to stakeholders and the project team relating to emerging project issues and presenting recommendations to support delivery in line with established plans, budgets, timeframes, policy objectives and other divisional priorities.
- Acting as the interface between the Information Technology team running the project to ensure the technology solution/capabilities proposed will integrate sustainably and seamlessly across the cluster technology services and satisfy the requirements of the stakeholders.
- Managing risk including identifying risks, developing risk mitigation plans, delivering regular monitoring and reporting and communicating effectively to stakeholders to facilitate informed decision making and minimise risks.
- Establishing and maintaining positive stakeholder relationships throughout project delivery and oversee benefits realisation defined in the business case.
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven, commercially astute Business Manager with strong stakeholder and project management skills who is experienced in Information Technology.
You will be an excellent communicator, as you will be responsible for liaising with a myriad of stakeholders at all levels from senior management to users of the system. You must be able to understand the business requirements of the system and work closely with the IT Project Team to deliver a system which will meet business requirements not just for now but well into the future.
Your demonstrated experience in writing business cases, involvement with IT projects and reviewing vendors, liaising with procurement and overseeing implementation and integration from the business perspective is key to this role.
Also valuable would be experience in electronic case management systems.
It is essential that you have the mix of skills listed above - business case preparation and delivery, project management skills and a very strong background or knowledge of technology systems with the ability to understand interpret and deliver communication in relation to these to a varied audience.
This is a great opportunity for you to utilise your above experience in this autonomous role where your team will be your stakeholders, IT and your Manager!
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is USS Grade 11 ($142,300 - $151,837) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at TfNSW please click here.
Joining Transport for NSW, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
Please check the internal role eligibility requirements or policy for your agency before applying for internally advertised roles.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and answer all questions within the online application process.
Applications Close: 11.59pm Thursday 1 October 2020.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
For any enquiries, please email Sharon Sorensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply today to register your interest!
Find out more about Transport for NSW at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/about-us