|Job Type:||Full Time|
Experience a connection with us at Newcrest
Our vision is to be miner of choice for our people, shareholders, host communities, partners and suppliers. With a commitment to our people, safety and sustainability, embracing technology and innovation, we are securing our future success together. We build and maintain close relationships with our local communities, ensuring our work creates a positive social impact.
Operations near and far
Our Cadia site is located in Central West New South Wales, approximately 25 kms outside the vibrant regional town of Orange and three hours’ drive from Sydney. Employees reside in the varied accommodation options in Orange, with the surrounding winery and national park areas to enjoy. Have access to the area’s wide range of amenities, including a prominent health sector, excellent educational facilities, shopping, transport and other services such as childcare.
Who are we looking for
As a safety-conscious and proactive Underground Materials Handling Supervisor, you will seek to provide a high level of safe technical knowledge and supervision in all aspects of Cadia East underground incline conveyor belt maintenance including the physical change out of conveyor belts and conveyor pulleys.
This challenging yet rewarding leadership role will see you work closely with the improvement team to identify opportunities for improvement within the Conveyor area, deliver sound understanding of maintenance strategies to your work teams, and provide coaching and mentoring.
Other key deliverables include:
- Ensure changes within the Shutdown maintenance strategy are communicated to the right people using correct documentation
- Contribute to the preparation of operating & capital budgets in both shutdown/weekly works and adherence to the agreed budgets
- Follow robust process safety management; systematically and comprehensively managing the integrity and containment of potential High-energy release situations be ensuring the appropriate critical controls are in place to prevent life threatening injuries
- Undertake specific tasks as directed by the Underground Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent and relieve the Fixed Plant Maintenance Shutdown Specialist as required
- Work closely with the Technicians and Specialists to develop maintenance plans for all major shutdowns works, and assist the Fixed Plant Maintenance teams to deliver in the safe production of all works
To succeed in this role, you will have a relevant Trade Qualification and demonstrated experience in Underground Fixed Plant Maintenance (Conveyors). Through your expertise and previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role, you will encourage the team to do their best and create an environment where everyone is empowered to manage change.
In addition to the above, you will also ideally have:
- Sound knowledge and proven experience in underground Material Handling Systems that includes changing out of high-tension conveyors and pulleys
- Knowledge and proven experience in creating detailed job plans for large scale underground incline conveyors and pulleys including all aspects of the conveyor belt change outs and QA/QC process
- Ability to work with specialised Contractors to change out the incline conveyors
- Planning and scheduling experience
- Computer literacy and experience working on MS Project and MS Office Suite
Please note: This is a permanent residential role, based in Orange, NSW on a 5/2 roster (Mon – Fri).
Our commitment to you
Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and well-being is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
Cadia Valley Operations is now a smoke free work environment, since 1 January 2020.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a innovative and high performing environment, we’d love to hear from you!
At this stage, we are not accepting any external agency CVs for these opportunities.