|Job Type:||Full Time|
Primary Connect Operations Specialist - Meat | A Fresh New Direction
- Full-time opportunity in the Yennora Support Office
- Fast paced, customer first environment
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
The Operations Specialist role is to manage and lead the day to day Primary Connect transport operations within the Woolworths Meat Co. supply chain. This involves working collaboratively across a broad range of operational stakeholders including Woolworths Meat Co, Hilton Foods, supply partners, transport carriers and distribution centres to ensure product is successfully delivered in the safest, freshest and most economical way possible.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Growing and developing strong and effective operational relationships between Primary Connect and all stakeholders in the Meat Co. supply chain
- Managing the successful execution of daily transport planning and operational requirements to achieve agreed service levels
- Supporting the delivery of Meat Co’s. promotional events including, but not limited to, Christmas ham program, export and direct store deliveries.
- Working in partnership with Meat Co., Supply Partners, Transport Carriers and Woolworths WQA to ensure the highest standards of cold chain compliance are established and maintained
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities to deliver efficiency and remove waste
- Driving innovation and organisation agility through improved operational process
- Successful integration of the meat planning and operational execution into PC Operations standard operating procedures
- Working closely with Primary Connect Business Development and Solutions teams ensuring the successful implementation and Go-Live of new meat network solutions and enhancements
- Manage issues and risks by clearly communicating both internally and externally, escalating as needed and developing and deploying risk mitigation strategies as appropriate
With demonstrated success in a similar transport role, with supply chain knowledge and your ability to effectively build relationships, we are also seeking the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated supply chain experience with knowledge of DC operations and transport is critical
- Comprehensive understanding of temperature sensitive product and transport
- Proven communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders from cross functional departments
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment, displaying excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Creative thinking who is disciplined but also agile and flexible
- Enthusiastic about driving consistent processes that add value and deliver competitive points of service differentiation
- Solid financial acumen and analytical skills
- Sound influencing and negotiation skills
- Strategic with a continuous improvement mindset and cost reduction focus
- Self starter with a proven track record of driving customer success and aligning complex solutions at all levels
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.