|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Head of Business Process Offshoring & Outsourcing, you will be reporting into the Executive, Lending Services. You will be responsible for leading a team that is accountable for the governance and strategy of lending related business process offshoring and outsourcing.
The role provides relationship management across the Enterprise for material offshore suppliers and relevant business process owners, ensuring optimal and compliant performance from these suppliers.
The role ensures appropriate contractual governance, continuity planning and alignment to strategy across material suppliers within the lending value chain
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Supplier relationship management of the material lending related relationships, including Genpact, SAIG, MSA and Computershare
- BCP and Contingency Planning for lending related material relationships on behalf of the enterprise.
- Governance and strategy for business process offshoring and outsourcing.
- Effective enterprise relationship management for relevant material offshore suppliers and business process owners.
- Delivery of services with regards to business process offshoring and outsourcing aligned to the enterprise policy, procedure and regulatory requirements.
Your Capabilities, Experience & Qualifications:
- You will have a tertiary or post graduate qualification in an area such as business, finance or general management
- Significant experience in leading a similar team/function in a large organisation, ideally within a complex regulatory environment.
- Min. 5-10 years proven business process offshoring and outsourcing management experience in medium to large scale change
- Proven delivery and implementation experience
- Material supplier (third party) management
- Process and continuous improvement
- Organisational change leadership
- Project and portfolio management
- Existing understanding of the NAB organisation, business platforms and processes would be beneficial
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits
Please note that this role is temporarily listed as “remote” due to the current requirements for all Australians to practise social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. We will discuss with you your ongoing requirements throughout the recruitment process.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply.
You must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Permanent Residency to apply for this role
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.