|Job Type:||Full Time|
Western Power delivers on the changing energy needs of Western Australians, powered by community trust and the passion of our people. We respect and take care of each other, our community and the environment. We are focused on serving our customers and are committed to providing a safe working environment for our people. It is an exciting time in the electricity industry, a time of great change, innovation and opportunity which we embrace and welcome. That’s why we need talented people with passion and ambition to join us.
At Western Power we are committed to safely and efficiently connecting the community with the energy needed to power their lives.
This is a full time, maximum term (12 months) position, located at Perth Head Office.
About the Role:
Working in the Grid Solutions Planning Area within Grid Transformation, this role is accountable for undertaking complex network and generator planning studies and developing concept solutions to resolve network constraints for Distribution and Transmission up to 330kV. It also includes utilising Powerfactory for analysing the impact of generators and loads on the performance of the network, carrying out generator model assessment and compliance checks with technical rules, and complex dynamic studies.
The successful applicant will be experienced and competent in the following:
- Degree Qualification in Engineering (Electrical)
- Eligibility to CPEng status by Engineers Australia.
- At least 9 + years relevant broad and extensive knowledge and expertise with demonstrated technical experience covering the following areas:
- Planning, design, operation and maintenance of electricity transmission and distribution networks;
- Large generation and load connection studies including assessment of dynamic behaviour, control system assessments and tuning of parameters;
- Economic and financial evaluation techniques;
- Load flow and dynamics studies in Powerfactory or equivalent software packages;
- Specialist studies relating to rotor angle, small signal, frequency and voltage stability;
- Understanding of energy markets and good appreciation of regulatory frameworks;
- Transmission and distribution system plant and its application, including the planning criteria, specifications and design requirements;
- Understanding of Transmission Power Quality assessment requirements and mitigation methods.
- Well-developed written, verbal and presentation / communications skills
What’s on Offer?
At Western Power, our people are our strength. As an employee at Western Power, we offer:
- Competitive remuneration;
- A safe and sustainable workplace
- Equal opportunity employment;
- Personal development and training opportunities;
- Flexible work arrangements and
- An award-winning employee recognition programme.
Salary: ASU EA Level 8.1E: $130,596 + 11% superannuation.
Like to know more?
Please submit a copy of your current resume and covering letter together with your qualifications and proof of working rights in Australia.
Applications Close: 30 September 2020