Last updated 8 days ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success. Come and be a part of this success.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Rail Engineering, you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure conformance with the BHP Charter, the BHP Group Level Documents, Code of Conduct and relevant statutory obligations
- An overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Ensure the rail assets and infrastructure is monitored, assessed and controlled to ensure the safe passage of rail traffic
- Management of Service Contractors in line with Contractor Management Framework.
- Support the success of the maintenance teams work management to enable compliance to the weekly schedule in a safe and efficient manner
- Set, maintain and verify high work standards that reinforce safe and effective work behaviours
- Driving of a continuous improvement and proactive culture within the team and continually identifying projects and implementing
- Provide leadership, support and development to direct reports
- Monitor and control costs associated with Capital and Operating Budgets and report major expenditure and budget variations to the Manager Site Infrastructure This position will be offered on a 5 day on 2 day off residential roster or a FIFO 5/2/4/3 at Port Hedland. Flexible working arrangement will be considered. Port Hedland is home to our port and rail operations and is the largest regional centre in North West Australia. The 20,000-strong population enjoys well-established education services, entertainment, shopping and medical facilities. The excellent sporting and leisure facilities include; a new aquatic centre, sports stadium and water play park. Its beaches and mangroves are home to an abundance of fish and other wildlife. Within driving distance are the spectacular Broome, Karratha and Karijini national Park. As this is a residential position you will also be provided with subsidised rental accommodation in addition to power and water subsidies.The outstanding facilities at the FIFO villages include; a fully equipped gym, TV lounge and games rooms. All rooms at the villages have their own en-suite bathroom, television, refrigerator and air-conditioning.
As the successful applicant you will possesses the following:
- Strong leadership experience in leading and developing teams
- Tertiary engineering qualification.
- A demonstrated commitment to Health, Safety and the environment is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a proven ability to engage effectively with team members and external stakeholders
- Proven analytical skills and a high level of problem solving ability
- Desirable 10 – 15 years’ experience within the rail industry, ideally heavy haul
- Demonstrated capability in continuous improvement
- An open C Class driver’s license is mandatory for this role
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people. We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms. ImportantThe safety of BHP’s people and our candidates is our number one priority. Due to the unfolding circumstances of COVID-19 and the Government regulations in place to deal with the pandemic, your working location and/or roster as advertised in this advert may be temporarily subject to change whilst the government regulations are in place. This is to ensure the health safety of our workforce, and to implement effective social distancing measures. These changes if applicable will be discussed at screening and interview stage. #LIWA