|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Utilise your passion for making an impact to our diverse customers
- Work with a broad and dynamic team of bankers and specialists
- Great opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic and distinguished SME landscape
Our vision is to be Australia's leading bank, trusted by customers for exceptional service. This vision is underpinned by putting customers at the heart of everything we do, becoming trusted partners in their businesses and their personal dreams and their day to day communities. We back the bold who move Australia forward, but first and foremost, we get the basics right to deliver what we promise, making it easy to deal with us.
This newly created role will see you working with our experienced Ballarat team and managing and supporting a diverse portfolio of SME customers.
In this role, a typical day for me will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of key business banking customers and referral partners
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Educating customers about their business options and providing sound advice about risk and opportunities for growth
- Proactively calling on networks of contacts to help identify new business and referral opportunities
- Implementing initiatives to support customer acquisition in my local market
- Working with customers on their proposed annual business plans
- Preparing and submitting customer lending proposals
- Working with team members
The purpose of my role:
- As the face of NAB, first impressions do matter , and I am genuinely enthusiastic about spending quality time with my customers to deeply understand their financial needs
- I am passionate about making a positive impact in the local market
- I am passionate about helping my customers understand the risk and profitability of their business to safely and effectively achieve their desired outcomes, whilst balancing the right outcomes and risk
Driven and tenacious, your experience in, and enjoyment of, all aspects of financial analysis will equip you to make an instant impact in this highly absorbing and rewarding role along with your previous experience in portfolio management. A relevant business-related tertiary qualification combined with prior experience managing a portfolio of clients will impress, but it's your leadership and coaching skills, passion for sales, relationship management and your drive and tenacity that will ensure your success. In return we will offer a supportive team environment to enable your learning and development in the role.
Ballarat is Victoria's largest inland city, it is a thriving hub of contemporary arts, events and food and wine, with a fascinating heritage backdrop. If you have been looking for a tree change to escape the city then Ballarat might just be the perfect town you have been looking for. Only 110Kms from Melbourne by car and 90 minutes via VLINE it might just be worth looking a little closer at this fabulous opportunity and town! To read more about Ballarat click here.
With more than 35,000 people serving 10 million customers in Australia and around the world we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer for LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI , endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180 , have an African Australian Inclusion Program. We offer access to a wide range of employee benefits, from education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts. For more information please visit us here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.