|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Resource Estimation
- Great opportunity to join a global mining organisation offering outstanding personal development & career opportunities.
- We offer competitive compensation, paid parental leave entitlements and flexible work arrangements.
- Permanent full time role based in Brisbane
About the role
We are looking for a Principal Resource Estimation to create and protect value across our copper and diamonds portfolio by ensuring the resource risks, opportunities and uncertainties are identified and quantified where possible, and are managed to stakeholder expectations.
This role is a great opportunity for a strategic thinking individual who enjoys collaborating with different stakeholder groups to deliver key business objectives. Reporting to the Chief Advisor Resource Development, Copper & Diamonds, you will be required to:
- Ensure personal actions and behaviours are aligned with the aim of achieving Zero Harm and clearly demonstrate safety leadership;
- Be accountable for generating geology and resource models using various interpolation techniques;
- Develop a practical approach to resource estimation and work across the portfolio to benchmark and implement leading practices;
- Advise our growth strategy and project shaping, provide technical expertise, share best practices, anticipate current and future risks, and provide direction and guidance within the discipline;
- Work closely with project and operations teams to identify opportunities for improvement including risk management and productivity improvements;
- Improve mining efficiencies, accuracy of plans across various time horizons and delivery of those plans through reconciliation of model performance.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Bachelor Degree in Geoscience
- Extensive experience in resources estimation across different commodities
- Ability to mentor, train & develop on-site teams
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and be able to successfully navigate a networked organisation
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Post graduate qualification would be well regarded.
- Membership of a professional society
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive base salary reflective of your experience and annual incentive program
- Immediate access to the Rio Tinto shares programme
- Private health insurance contribution for all employees and immediate family members
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Paid parental leave at 9 months (half pay) and 4.5 months full pay
We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
Where you will be working
At Rio Tinto we have operations across the globe including a range of open pit and underground mines that supply copper and diamonds. Our copper operations supply products in China, Japan and the US which plays an important role in almost every home, office and vehicle. We are also one of the world's leading diamond producers and the largest producer of natural coloured diamonds.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.