|Job Type:||Full Time|
Maintenance Technician – Mechanical – Fitter & Turner
- Life friendly day night shift roster – 2 week-ends off a month
- Ongoing training and development
About the role
We are looking for a Maintenance Technician – Mechanical in the Materials Handling area of our refinery.
This role is a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about safety, has drive, shows initiative and wants to progress their career. Working a family friendly day night roster with two week-ends off a month you will report to the Team Leader – Maintenance Materials Handling and will be responsible for:
- Maintaining conveyors, caustic pumps and gear boxes
- Working on ship loaders and unloaders
- Involved with planned and unplanned breakdown work.
- Promoting and identifying HSE opportunities to improve equipment, processes and behaviours.
- Identifying and implementing improvement initiatives which will involve working with many different disciplines within the organisation.
- Identifying defects and provide feedback on asset performance and health.
- Involved in problem solving equipment failures and improving reliability.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Fitter and turner trade qualification with a solid background in ports or stock yards.
- Experience in conveyors
- Demonstrated experience working with safety systems, ability to work autonomously and as an effective team member
- Rigging, dogging, hydraulics, pneumatics, working at heights and confined space experience would be beneficial
- SAP experience
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio. Our industry leadership includes our benchmark smelting technology and enviable hydropower position, key strengths in today's carbon-constrained world.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions