|Location:||Northern Beaches Council|
We are currently seeking dedicated and flexible casual Educator to become a part of our welcoming and supportive team at Uniting Turramurra Occasional Child Care. Educating children across all age groups, you will bring with you your positive interactions with children and passion for inclusive early childhood practice and social justice.
At Turramurra Occasional Child Care Centre we pride ourselves on being a committed team of Educators that are proactively involved within our local community. Our team and broader community have grown and learnt together and we aim to continue this ethos through welcoming a new Educator that will bring their ideas and drive, to ensure we continue to thrive in our supportive community.
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice. We come from a belief that the power of inclusivity and community is the key ingredient to creating an environment where children can grow and flourish.
“We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe”
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the room leader with children in a designated age group and ensuring their safety, stimulation and interest in their day.
- Supporting the ongoing development of the children and adding to the programme with the team in the room.
- Supporting documentation of the children’s learning under the guidance of the room leader.
- Participating in all aspects of the daily routines
- Fostering relationships with families and children throughout the centre
What do I need to succeed?
- Certificate III in Children Services
- Current first aid/asthma/anaphylaxis management
- Current working with children check
- Knowledge of child protection practices
- Understand the National Quality Framework and ELYF
- Strong interpersonal skills (approachable, go-getter, positive attitude)
- Excellence in documenting children's learning
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Available to work between 8am - 4pm most days of the week.
What do I need to do now?
Click on the apply button (Quickest way to be seen!)
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Reference Checks.