- Opportunity to provide Project Management services in a complex environment
- Focus on asset performance, plant availability and reliability
- Eraring based
Working for us
At Origin we have a strong purpose and values that challenge us to find the answers to the big energy questions. Every person that works with us helps us reach that goal. If you bring good energy to Origin, you’ll get it in return. A challenging career. An exciting industry. And the support to grow and explore your potential.
Reporting to the Major Projects & Overhauls Eraring Program Manager, the role of Boiler Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of assigned projects. This role is a 3 year full time position.
The portfolio largely consists of “Brownfield” projects and Overhauls, as such requires significant interaction with all the other functional teams and stakeholders both on and off site to effectively manage the safe and timely completion of projects.
Through a commitment to quality outcomes and continuous improvement, the incumbent will uphold and champion Origin’s Values and Behaviours.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Manage multiple significant Project budgets with individual budgets
- Manage and coordinate with the members of the project team to ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and meets the desired quality standards. Project team members may not be direct reports.
- Oversee various projects of a highly complex nature.
- Define Project scope and objectives
- Interface with all stakeholders affected by the project
- Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resources plans, and status reports.
- Manage the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
- Manage risk and issues profile to ensure minimal impact or exposure and ensure communication of risk management issues to key stakeholders.
- Conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis.
- Provide technical and analytical guidance to the project team
- Understanding and managing the dependencies of this project with other projects.
- Maintaining all project filing and documentation
- Drive a high level of Safety, planning and executing work in order to achieve Zero Harm
IS THIS YOU?
You’ll need to have a strong and experienced engineering background with a proven track record managing projects and have excellent stakeholder and communication skills. You will be Degree qualified in either Mechanical or Rotating Plant Engineering and preferably be CPEng and RPEQ certified.
You can show, through the work you’ve done:
- Experience with Boiler operation, maintenance and/or projects
- 3+ years project management experience
- Well developed leadership and stakeholder management skills
- Health, Safety and Environment knowledge
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with scheduling in Primavera P6
- Ellipse, SAP or Oracle experience
- Project Management or Project Controls qualifications and certifications (PMP, CPPM, AIPM, ACCE etc)
A great team to join
It's an exciting time to join Origin. Together we’re powering a cleaner, smarter energy future for Australia and beyond, always looking for better ways to deliver for our customers – and for our people.
Origin’s Energy Supply and Operationsbusiness plays a key role in providing reliable, affordable and sustainable energy to power Australian homes and businesses. We're the largest owner of natural gas-fired power stations in Australia, and generate more than 7,400 MW of power through our flexible generation portfolio. We’re also a major supporter in the growth of renewable supply and storage, supporting a cleaner energy future.
We’re looking for passionate and forward-thinking people to help, who are committed to a zero-harm safety culture, managing risk and driving culture change.
Origin. Good energy
At Origin, our focus is on getting energy right for our customers, communities, and planet. Because we know it’s up to us to shape the future of energy. Today, we serve more than 4.2 million customers, are one of the most significant energy producers in the country and listed in the ASX Top 50 companies.
For more information contact: Iain Pratt - 03 8665 7325, quote Requisition ID: 77175
Origin recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples as the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia, and we pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.
Here's a little about what makes us, us: www.originenergy.com.au/about/careers