|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Are you a motivated, early career scientist with interest in Cyber Security?
- Want to collaborate closely with some of the best cyber security researchers in Australia?
- Join CSIRO’s Data61, the largest data innovation group in Australia
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system.
The successful candidate will work closely with the research, industry and government participants in the Cyber Security Co-operative Research Centre (CRC) and DATA61 's Research in Distributed Systems Security.
The Research Fellow is expected to conduct research in the area of security automation, and privacy preserving data mining, leading to reputed international publications such as IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, or similar conferences and top tier transactions.
Your duties will include:
- Under the direction of CRC theme leaders, carry out innovative, impactful research of strategic importance to cyber security that will, where possible, lead to novel and important scientific outcomes.
- Produce high quality scientific and/or engineering papers suitable for publication in quality journals.
- Prepare appropriate conference papers and present those at conferences.
- Provide leadership to the development of innovative concepts and ideas for further research.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of the research team and help deliver CRC's organisational objectives and plans.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues within the CRC and Data61.
Location: Dockland, Victoria or Marsfield, NSW
Salary: AU$86k - AU$94k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 yearsl
To be considered you will need:
- A doctorate (or will shortly satisfy the requirements of a PhD) in a relevant discipline area, such as computer science, electrical engineering, information technology or communication engineering.
- Proven ability to conduct high quality research, development and implementation in AI, Machine Learning, data mining and apply in different application domains, preferably in privacy and cyber security with publications in the top tier security conferences IEEE S&P, ACM CCS, NDSS, Usenix Security, or similar level conferences and journals in other domains.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research activities in one of the research field such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data mining, Privacy.
- Experience in applying research outcomes in solving practical/industry problems, preferably in the area of privacy preserving data mining and attacks on machine learning algorithms.
- Experience in applying machine learning to achieve privacy and/or detect malicious activities such as Email/Web Phishing
- Experience in developing security, privacy and trust solutions for distributed systems architecture and platforms
For full details about this role please view the Position Description
- The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
- Applicants must be Australian/New Zealand citizens, Australian permanent residents or Australian temporary residents currently residing in Australia and be able to commence in the role by December 2020/January 2021.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish. Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 6 December, 2020, 11:00pm AEDT
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date