|Location:||Northern Beaches Council|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
Our services are in the areas of aged care and disability, community services, and chaplaincy and we get involved in social justice and advocacy issues that impact the people we serve. We commit to respecting children and take action to keep them safe.
As an organisation we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of lifestyle choices, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking experienced Leisure and Wellness Coordinator to work with our team at Uniting Mayflower in Westmead on a full time basis.
Leisure and Wellness Coordinators embodies the Uniting person-centred care approach which aims to celebrate our clients as unique individuals. Working alongside the care team, clients’ unique physical, psychological, social and spiritual wellbeing is enhanced through meaningful lifestyle and wellbeing programs.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Providing opportunities to improve clients’ quality of life through facilitating relationship-enabling environments & activities.
- Building and delivering an integrated approach for community engagement and inclusion that reflects the unique needs of each client, within and external to the home
- Establishing relationships and networks within your local community to promote active ageing opportunities
- Facilitate quality, timely and effective communication maintaining privacy and confidentiality of each client
- Certificate 4 Leisure and Lifestyle and/or equivalent qualifications and experience
- First Aid Certificate
- Flu Vaccination
Skills & experience
- Expert understanding of what creates meaningful engagement for clients
- A sound understanding of community engagement & inclusion
- Know-how of contemporary leisure & lifestyle assessment and program planning processes
- Exceptional ability to engage and communicate with a range of stakeholders, and develop partnerships.
- A demonstrated ability to plan, develop and coordinate community and social events.
- Great understanding of Work Health and Safety principles and risk management practices
- Exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to bring new concepts and ideas to the table.
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
- Ongoing training & development
- Career development opportunities
- Access to Salary packaging
Employment with Uniting is subjec to satisfactory background checks which include a National Police Check and Reference Check.