|Location:||Moorebank, New South Wales, New South Wales, Sutherland, Sydney|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
At Uniting, we believe in taking real steps to make the world a better place. We work to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We currently have multiple opportunities for permanent part time support workers to join our Home and Community Care team in South East Sydney, Sydney’s CBD, and the Inner West.
With a focus on supporting our clients to stay independent in their own homes for as long as possible, duties and responsibilities can include:
- Help at around the home : Assisting with housekeeping, grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Personal Care : Help with showering and getting dressed
- Transport : Getting to appointments or going on shopping trips
- Social and wellbeing : Encourage social connectedness through conversation, outings and Healthy Living for Seniors activities
Qualifications and experience:
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual equivalent (or working towards)
- Similar experience providing client centred care (desirable)
- Current First Aid certificate
- Driver’s licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
At Uniting, we welcome and celebrate everyone regardless of lifestyle, ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity and proudly create a safe and inclusive environment for staff and clients.
We are bold, imaginative, respectful and compassionate.
Further to this we offer:
- Join an organisation that has a positive impact on our clients and the community
- Guaranteed 30 hours per fortnight to start – with a view to grow
- Hands on training, development and mentoring with a leading provider
- Tax free salary packaging entitlements of up to $16,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Tax free salary packaged meal & entertainment card of up to $4,000 per year (pro-rata)
- Paid travel time and reimbursement of kilometres