|Job Type:||Full Time|
Securities Lending as agent lender provides equity and fixed income securities to broker dealers to facilitate their proprietary and client trading strategies. Where they have a requirement to borrow securities the lending desk negotiates a fee for the loan based on supply and demand and the type of underlying strategy. With 4 desks globally, JPMC offers a 24 hour service in 37 different markets.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing operational support for the Securities Lending & Cash Reinvestment Trading desks and monitoring client sales, and ensuring adequate inventory for settlement
- To maintain optimum service level for all clients ensuring any reasons for and proposed solutions to, negative trends are documented and escalated
- Assist in tracking trends in work volumes, including reconciliation errors and document any negative trends and proposed solutions
- Escalate issues to the Manager and be involved in taking action to escalate and resolve with the other party. A review is to be done on the issue to ensure procedures are updates
- Corporate Actions - ensuring manufactured income and stock entitlements are claimed from borrowers on pay date. Provide support for the Securities Lending desk with any urgent queries. Reconciliation of on-loan positions where required for events with a short-turnaround (e.g. RAPIDs). Local point of contact for internal and external queries in the Asian time zone.
To be successful you will need:
- Minimum 4 years experience in Securities Lending, Collateral Management, Settlements, Trade Support/Middle Office or COACs role with excellent knowledge of Global Financial Markets
- Bachelor degree or above preferred along with working understanding of the workflows of a custodian
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with strategic internal & external partners
- Continued focus on improving processes and procedures along with solid quality orientation
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills combined with a strong controls focus