The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a legal counsel to join the team in the General Counsel's Office. The role involves advising on a range of matters to support EY's transactions portfolio.
Your key responsibilities
- Partner with our business and engage with key stakeholders on Firm acquisitions and structuring of entities. Aspects of the role include negotiating non-binding indicative offers/term sheets, leading due diligence, drafting and negotiating sales agreements and managing the completion and integration process.
- Advise on matters relating to Firm governance and structure, managing and advising on Legal aspect's of the Firm's banking facilities, as well as general corporate advisory work.
- Collaborate with our colleagues locally and around the world on complex cross-border transactions and structuring, Firm governance and other transactional projects.
- Ability to provide strategic advice to stakeholders in the Firm.
- A passion and drive to make a valuable contribution to the team.
- Creative thinker and pragmatic problem solver.
- At least 5 years post admission experience gained in a top or leading mid-tier firm and/or in-house experience.
- Proven expertise in advising clients on M&A and corporate governance matters. Experience in banking and finance will be highly regarded.
- Highly developed communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and escalate when required.
- A flexible, proactive approach, and an optimistic outlook.
- The drive to be able to manage a wide variety of work and legal issues with a growth mindset and positive approach.