|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Transport Services Concrete division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across Auckland. We are looking for a reliable, motivated and physically fit individual interested in becoming part of our crew as a Driver Operator. You will work within crews on a day to day basis doing excavation work, operating plant & machinery and generally conducting site works and activities in accordance with project plans. You will also assist your team with labouring duties when required.
About the role:
This is a varied role in a collaborative team and as such being a team player is an absolute must and depending on your skill set, no two days will look the same. You will be tasked with:
- Operating a range of plant including loaders, trucks and rollers
- Transporting materials to and from site
- Trailing aggregates on unsealed networks
- Loading out materials on the Loader and Tractor broom
- Assisting with physical tasks including concrete and occasional timber
- Ensuring that all plant is presented, serviced, maintained and operated
If you are physically fit and enjoy spending your days outdoors and on your feet, this could be the position for you. This is a Monday to Friday role, with potential for overtime work on weekends.
You’ll hold a Class 4 Licence and hold experience to safely operate a range of machinery on work sites. You’ll also be a team player and have either experience or a keen interest in civil construction. You will also have:
- A great work ethic – you’ll be part of a busy crew and team and some long hours are required (but you’ll be rewarded accordingly)
- A strong focus on Safety and Quality
- Problem solving skills to solve daily challenges
- Flexibility – some out of town travel will be required on occasion
- A positive, can-do attitude
A role with Downer New Zealand can advance your career and expand your skills. We offer you the opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive culture, and be part of a great team, working in a collaborative environment as well as;
- Job security with Full time work, 40 hours per week guaranteed
- Overtime rates and meal allowances for night shift work
- A real focus on a safe working environment including personal protective equipment being provided
- A professional & supportive team culture and environment
- Training and career development opportunities
- Access to a range of exclusive discounts and employee offers
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, visit www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 573461 and register your interest today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.