|Job Type:||Full Time|
Transport for NSW is the lead agency of the NSW Transport cluster. Our role is to lead the development of a safe, efficient, integrated transport system that keeps people and goods moving, connects communities and shapes the future of our cities, centres and regions.
We are responsible for strategy, planning, policy, regulation, funding allocation and other non-service delivery functions for all modes of transport in NSW including road, rail, ferry, light rail, point to point, regional air, cycling and walking.
We focus on improving the customer experience and contract public and private operators to deliver customer-focused transport services on our behalf.
We also lead the procurement of transport infrastructure and oversee delivery through project delivery offices and industry delivery partners.
Sydney Metro is a fully automated rapid transit system which offers a new generation of fast, safe and reliable train services. Sydney Metro also leads the development of vibrant station precincts to meet customer and community needs, transforming the way Sydney travels and helping shape the future of Australia’s largest city.
The Corporate Service team within Sydney Metro supports the whole organisation including Operational and Project teams with best-in-class IT, Technology, Procurement, HR, Financial Management and Communications functions. We partner closely with the business as well as with senior stakeholders, media and community groups to drive performance, build relationships and manage our exemplary reputation.
We have an opportunity for an Applications Solutions Team Lead to join the Information and Technology team on a Temporary Fixed Term until December 2022. Reporting to the Senior Manager Application Management you will manage the solutions roadmap and documentation of various Application Management systems across the Sydney Metro Application Portfolio, including Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS) and Project Data Collaboration Systems (PDCS). This role manages a team of technical specialists responsible for the support and administration of the Sydney Metro application environment.
What you will be involved in
- Working collaboratively with senior managers to identify specific information system requirements, evaluate business solutions and ensure alignment between business needs and strategic direction.
- Identifying issues and risks relating to proposed systems and develop solutions in order to deliver cost savings, improve environmental practices and mitigate risks and defects.
- Coordinating the provision of input into the setup of systems for the project, including the preparation of the Execution Plans defining data management systems (common data environments), accountabilities, associated permissions and processes (workflows), model management and design coordination, project element classification and LoD requirements.
- Working across design disciplines to support the development of element/component models and identify opportunities for process improvements, including the development of relationship/rules based modelling tools.
- Providing a range of processes and administrative functions, ensuring delivery of training, testing, related coordination and advice to assist SM in the ongoing development of mandated TfNSW corporate records management system.
- Developing and maintaining progress databases and documentation related to system transition activities to ensure seamless system migration and provide guidance for future migration projects.
You are a proactive professional with an outcomes focus and strong problem solving and leadership skills who is looking for a new challenge and further build and broaden your Information Technology Career.
To succeed in this role you will need;
- Previous experience within a similar technology team lead role.
- Strong understanding of enterprise application technologies (covering both on-premise and hosted services architectures)
- Previous experience with applications such as InEight Document (aka TeamBinder) and OpenText will be held in high regard.
- Exposure to applications used in construction projects to manage plans, schedules and risks will also be highly regarded.
- An outcomes focused approach with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or a related discipline will be advantageous.
Want to know more?
Please click here to view a copy of the position description.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this position is Grade 9 ($135,898- $ 152,204) per annum plus superannuation and leave loading.
For more information on Employee Benefits at Sydney Metro please click here.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve. We actively promote gender diversity in our workplaces, the employment of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and the employment of people with a disability. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation. If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call/text or email the contact person for this role.
Joining Sydney Metro, you’ll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible work environment like no other. If you’re ready to step into this meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you!
To register your interest please click the apply now button to submit your updated resume and complete the online application process by 11:59PM, Friday 25th Septmber. For any enquiries, please email James Thornsby at JAMES.THORNSBY@TRANSPORT.NSW.GOV.AU.
Find out more about Sydney Metro at https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/sydney-metro.