We are a globally diversified mining and metals company with operations in Australia, South Africa and South America. Headquartered in Perth, Western Australia, securities for South32 trade on three exchanges, the Australian Securities exchange (ASX), Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Our people are central to our success and demonstrate our determination to be a best-in-class operator. We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
This role will be offered on a permanent basis and located in our Perth CBD office.
About the Role
As the Team Lead Cyber Security Operations, you will be responsible for leading and ensuring the successful delivery of our global Security Operations Centre, working closely with an internal team and service providers to detect and respond to cyber threats.
You will be responsible for driving an uplift in cyber security operations capability and will work hand-in-hand with the business to ensure cyber security operations are fit-for-purpose.
The role will require you to support and manage the operations team to provide end-to-end coverage of cyber security threats affecting IT and OT/ICS environments. You will report directly to the Lead Cyber Security.
Other accountabilities will include:
- Manage the Security Operations team including internal resources and external service providers
- Provide a Common Operating Picture (COP) to the business and technology stakeholders through the use of reporting mechanisms to clearly articulate the value and effectiveness of cyber security operations to the business
- Act as a senior internal subject matter expert for security monitoring and incident response across the business
- Provide mentorship and conduct knowledge transfer within the Cyber Security team
- Identify non-compliance to cyber security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines
- Tertiary qualifications in Cyber Security, Information Technology or STEM Majors
- Experience with cyber threat modelling, hunting and intelligence
- Management and implementation of vulnerability management solutions such as Tenable Nessus or Qualys
- Experience in security architecture & engineering
- Experience in continuous improvement and optimisation of security operations
- Ideally 5+ years’ experience within a Cyber security role
You will be an integral part of an energetic team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of topics all focused on protecting and enhancing South32’s reputation.
What does South32 offer?
- 26 Weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible work schemes
- Superannuation Matching Contributions
- Education and Career Development
- Employee Share Plan
- Competitive Salaries
We are always seeking people who share our values to join our team. Our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We look forward to receiving your application and exploring this opportunity with you very soon.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.