|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Mining Engineer (Underground)
The Group Principal Mining Engineer (Underground) ensures delivery to the Underground Mining Engineering strategy across Evolution with a focus on excellence, benchmarking and continual improvement.
- Interact regularly with senior leaders and influence multi-disciplinary teams
- Responsible for overall capability development and excellence in Underground Mining Engineering across the company
- Assists in the evaluation and implementation of relevant transformational technologies across the company
- Location, Sydney
At Evolution, we’re passionate about Our Culture and Values.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity, offering exceptional career environments at our Sites and our Group Office, that are challenging, rewarding and fun for all employees. We are regularly supporting our employees’ work-life integration and provide a stimulating and inclusive environment to foster development.
About the role
The Principal Mining Engineer (Underground) assists our assets and the Group in conceptualizing and executing mining studies, due diligence investigation, critical controls management and technical governance for underground mines.
As the technical expert on mine planning software this role ensures mining methods, assumptions, design and schedule risks, both opportunities and threats, are identified and managed. It further ensures this information is adequate and appropriately used in development of financial models, budgets and LOM plans.
The Principal Mining Engineer (Underground) sets the performance standards and success measures for underground mining engineering, this ensures there is clarity of direction, expectations and support our culture of excellence.
To be successfully in this role you will have broad industry experience in hard rock underground mining including multiple mining methods, jurisdictions and environments. In addition, to your deep understanding of the mine planning and production cycle in underground mines.
It is important that you have experience in:
- Tertiary qualification in mining engineering or relevant related discipline.
- Sound knowledge of general business principles and the ability to engage stakeholders i.e. financial / commercial disciplines and the ability to apply these through practical optimisations, designs and scheduling
- Relevant understanding of related technical fields such as geology, metallurgy, geotechnical
- Qualified as a JORC Competent Person or NI 43-101 Qualified Person or Equivalent.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
Closing date: 30th September 2020
We thank you for taking the time to submit your application. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to build our team, and we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or cultural background. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who will appreciate what you bring to the table. You will set and achieve goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape and contribute to the Evolution vision.
As part of the application process, Evolution will be collecting your personal information to assess your suitability for the role.