|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader
- Brisbane based role – Gasworks Newstead Office
- Suits an experienced professional from the Operations space within banking and finance
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
About the role:
As the Senior Operations Officer role within the Banking Services team, you will provide administration support in relation audits, government compliance, deceased estates, unclaimed monies and insolvency requests among other tasks. You will support the Team Leader in ensuring that customer requests from Branches and other Operations personnel are processed in an efficient and accurate method.
Attention to detail and risk assessment of procedures and processes is required to ensure the Bank meets its compliance obligations. You may be called upon from time to time to act as a back up to the team leaders and are required to take on more complex operating activities while providing support and assistance to more junior team members. Successful candidates for this position are experienced Operations staff and have mastered a number of roles within the Operations area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide a high level of professional customer service to our customers at all times ensuring all requests are processed promptly and efficiently
- Ensure all payment files submitted for processing are actioned and authorised according to BOQ Policy
- Process all work within the agreed SLA’s and ensure any issues are escalated promptly
- Verify and confirm signatures and associated entries for large transactions and action as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, you will have mastered a number of roles within the Operations area of the banking and finance industry and be ready to step up into a Senior role. You will also display the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Proven customer service experience and substantial knowledge of the Bank’s general banking operations
- Working knowledge of the Windows programs including Word and Excel
- High level of accuracy when undertaking data entry
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- High attention to detail and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Outcome orientated with a customer centric mindset.
About our Benefits:
- Discounted financial products
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Salary sacrificing options
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - MyCoach for Individuals and People Leaders
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Gym discounts and much more!
How to apply:
To apply for this role please follow the links to our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.