|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Endeavour Group ambition is bold, we want to be the world's best drinks retailer. We know that expectations of retail have never been higher so our transactions must be instant, and our services must be intuitive and personal. We are embarking on our next generation of growth, and we want you to be an influential part of it.
Our family of leading brands is well respected and highly visible throughout Australia, New Zealand and the world; from Dan Murphy’s, our market leading destination drinks merchant, to our local convenience offering at BWS, and our Cellarmaster wines and Langtons businesses with each of them commanding a leadership position in their respective category.
As a start-up business inside Australia's largest liquor retailer, EndeavourX aims to bring the best of Endeavour Drinks to our customers, powered by our team, technology and data. To achieve our customer 1st strategy, we have combined the Digital & eCommerce businesses for Dan Murphy’s and BWS to transform the customer experience under one brand - EndeavourX.
With an industry-leading technology team, backed by analytics, we’re resourceful and willing to experiment. Our agile teams are empowered to innovate and deliver an awesome experience for our customers - no matter whether they choose to shop in-store, or online.
Where we play:
EndeavourX Hub is based 5 minutes walk from Central station and walking distance from all the cafes and restaurants that Surry Hills has to offer. The heritage listed ‘Old Readers Digest’ building has been going under an internal renovation, designed to support flexible working with different spaces for different activities such as collaboration, brainstorming or just chilling out.
At EndeavourX, we also believe in flexible working, and our teams also have the option to work from home.
What we are looking for?
EndeavourX is looking for an Android Software Engineer to join a squad in the Digital Customer Experience Tribe. The tribe primarily focuses on the customer websites and customer apps that allow the browsing and buying of products from our Dan Murphy and BWS brands.
Software Engineers will typically work in a team of 3-4 engineers, a Product Owner, BA, Design Team (UX/UXI), Delivery Lead and QAs/test engineers to uplift the apps that power Australia’s leading liquor retailers with significant growth plans.
Our Ideal Candidate
You’re driven by a customer mission and passionate about being part of a tribe of great people. Whatever you love - design, technology, engineering, you’re active in the community that sits around it.
You orient yourself around doing what’s meaningful, purposeful and delivers value. You’re excited about being part of digital transformation and disrupting one of Australia’s biggest companies through its new tech venture.
You’re curious and empathetic, with an eye for the bigger picture. You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- We’re looking for someone with a passion for modern technology and an interest in e-commerce.
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
- You thrive on analysing problems, formulating solutions, and making those a reality. You build for the long term.
- You have a passion for quality and know what best-in-class engineering looks like and want to help drive the journey.
- You’re an engineer with experience dealing with complex problems.
- You ‘get’ agile and feel comfortable giving input on team processes.
- You’re involved in the Software Engineering community. You enjoy attending meetups, conferences, have a blog or a GitHub portfolio.
- You enjoy being part of every part of the Software development lifecycle. You can own the code from inception through to Production.
- You want to be part of a Digital Transformation and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
You don’t have to have worked in retail or with a big corporate, but you might have. Or you may have invested your talent in startups, digital SMEs or management consultancies. What you do need is to know how you could contribute to our teams. Be interested and interesting!
- Develop high quality, scalable and performant solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners, BAs, QAs, UX/UI and other engineers.
- Participate in the technical delivery of the squad, from designing solutions to deploying them and ensuring correct operation.
- Participate in all agile ceremonies.
We need you to have
- Strong experience in modern engineering practices and disciplines.
- Ability to stay calm in challenging circumstances and work through problems methodically.
- Details oriented mindset.
- Good understanding of Agile & Lean delivery principles. Provide input to team processes.
And these technical skills
- 5+ years of extensive Android development.
- Experience in building complex Android native mobile applications using native Android tools
- 1+ years of commercial experience with Kotlin
- Experience integrating APIs
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering fundamentals
- Git experience
- Development experience in an agile environment
- Understanding of app security
- Demonstrable experience in Unit Testing Principles
- Experience with CI/CD, infrastructure as code, DevOps, automation
It would be nice if you had:
- Azure experience or another cloud provider
- Experience with other mobile app frameworks such as iOS or Flutter
- Jira & Confluence
What's in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - As our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Grow with Endeavour Drinks
Endeavour Drinks comprises a diverse range of drinks businesses including BWS, Dan Murphy’s, ALH and Pinnacle Drinks. We are focused on growing and transforming our businesses to meet the changing needs of customers and we’re driven by a culture that puts our customers and team first. Our ambition is to connect everyone with a drinks experience they'll love.
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You