South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to Superintendent Maintenance Longwall, this role will be accountable for longwall infrastructure at the mine with the responsibility to optimise design and improve life of asset performance and availability of plant and production equipment.
Other accountabilities include:
- Short to medium term plan set for scheduler
- Actively contribute to forecasting and scheduling of maintenance activities and projects
- Provide ongoing technical support to the operation for current and future Electrical work packages
- Technical requirements for FAT of equipment.
- Ensuring that equipment requirements meet the 24-month plan including design and calculation requirement to operate equipment within allowable ranges.
- Ensures execution activities are conducted safely and cost effectively by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures
- Provides technical support for operations and associated activities
This position will be based at Appin West operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
- Degree, Associate Diploma or Trade Certificate: Completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent recognition in Electrical engineering area
- Certificate of Competence to be Electrical Engineering Manager of an underground coal mine is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to contribute, influence and make decisions within multi-functional teams.
- Competitive salaries and bonus structures
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.