Role: Heavy Transport Operator (MC Driver)
Location: Townsville Port
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Hourly Rate
- 6 days on 4 days off
- Ongoing casual opportunity
Aurizon’s Townsville port team are looking to engage Heavy Transport Operators on an ongoing casual basis. Applicants will need to hold an MC licence and have experience driving Quads / Road trains, as well as ticketed and experienced with loaders & forklifts.
About the role:
- Operate & maintain including basic maintenance tasks MC vehicles (road trains)
- Load and unload materials and goods with forklifts & loaders in a safe manner
- General labouring duties as required
- MC drivers’ licence and a safe driving record (minimum 1 year driving experience)
- Hold a current forklift & loader ticket
- Ability to complete paperwork such as pre-starts on vehicles, defect reports and other various reporting
- Dangerous goods licence
- Mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers