|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Join ASX 100 finance leader!
- Seeking passionate people to join our friendly and professional team
- BOQ has great career development opportunities - possibilities are endless
- 6 Month Contract
About the Role
We are looking for the newest member of our Customer Protection Team – BOQ’s dedicated team of general insurance specialists. If you have a strong and successful background in general insurance sales (personal lines) and are looking to be part of a dynamic, fun and successful team – then this is the role for you.
As a General Insurance Specialist in our Customer Protection Team you will be responsible for supporting BOQ’s branch network and our customers with their home, contents, car, landlord and travel insurance needs. We don't do mediocre and pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we deliver in helping customers protect their assets and understand the value of the insurance we offer.
At BOQ we keep our customers front of mind in ensuring that service levels are delivered and quality standards are sustained. This is a unique sales based opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to make a notable difference to the insurance needs of our Banking customers as well as contributing towards BOQ’s customer led insurance strategy.
The role is a 6 month contract for administrative purposes, however we are genuinely looking to recruit our permanent team of general insurance super stars at the end of the contract period.
Passionate about all things general insurance you will have demonstrated exceptional capability in meeting customer's general insurance needs. To be considered you will have demonstrated the following:
- General Insurance experience with a solid understanding of domestic insurance / personal lines products
- Natural aptitude to identify customer personal insurance needs and discuss the products needed to meet those needs.
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills - not scared to pick up the phone (inbound / outbound calls)
- Strong sales background
- Solid administrative skills ensuring follow ups and tasks are completed efficiently and accurately within required time frames
- Cross selling and upselling of insurance products
- Assisting customers to make informed decisions by explaining the features and benefits of the various insurance products
- Option to work variable shift hours – to ensure we support all BOQ branches and customers across the country during their business hours
- A strong commitment to business growth and team success through a positive sales attitude and a focus on personal performance standards
- High level customer service skills with the ability to build rapport
- Enjoy working in an exciting and fast paced environment
- Exemplary communication skills to include written, verbal skills and superior listening skills
Yes, we are only looking for the best!
What we offer you
- Passionate management team who genuinely enjoy creating a culture that rewards high performance whilst encouraging personal growth and great customer outcomes.
- Be part of something new and help shape the future of insurance at BOQ.
- Above average pay, excellent employee benefits and absolute reward and recognition for jobs well done. We want you to stay
- The opportunity to be as great as you want – we don’t set our team up to fail
- An incredible collaborative and motivated team to work alongside – who seem to spend a lot of time laughing but their results prove they get the job done
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.