|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you’ve got what it takes to deliver an optimised integrated schedule for our front line teams to execute across site, then we’d love to hear from you!
Here at Anglo American we are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues. We aim to lead the industry guided by our purpose: “To re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives". A key component on our journey is to implement a world class operating model. This shift, has had us shape an Integrated Planning and Operating Model function at our Open Cut mine sites. This function will provide the expertise and specialist knowledge to drive change, process efficiency, optimisation, and continuous improvement in order to transform our business.
Reporting into the Work Management Superintendent, the Mining Scheduler role will work closely with the technical services short term planning team to deliver an integrated schedule including strategy and ancillary works for mining activities including: Draglines, Truck & Shovel, Drill & Blast, Infrastructure and Ancillary work. The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver a signed off mining schedule that integrates fully with the other discipline schedules across the site in order to drive operational efficiency. This role will have a focus on identifying opportunities, risk and threats to optimise the integrated schedule for selected strategies and work packages, while making the most efficient use of resources to achieve this.
Key task for this role include:
- Consistentlyapply Safety & Health principles in all team interactions and take personal responsibility for safety of self and others to ensure zero harm and elimination of fatalities
- Integrates inputs from technical services and operations teams to build the a mining schedule whilst ensuring the integrated schedule delivers the strategy work at the right time and makes the most efficient use of resources to achieve this.
- Coordinate with Operational Planning Specialist to ensure scheduling is aligned to strategy and OMS
- Establish Initial Schedule Window for all approved work from department planners:
- Monitors Work Order Task Status Reporting and schedule optimisation
- Audit and improve the effectiveness of the AAOM integrated execution scheduling processes on site
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Trade Qualification and/or Degree from a tertiary institution relevant to discipline - Bachelor of Engineering, Mining, or equivalent.
- Significant experience in scheduling/planning of mining activities.
- Proven knowledge and experience of mining scheduling tools and ERP software (e.g. XACT, SPRY, SAP, Prometheus)
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a range of stakeholders across multiple departments
- A proven ability to identify process improvement opportunities
This is a 5/2, Monday – Friday roster based at one of our Open Cut Mine Sites - Capcoal Surface Operations in Middlemount, QLD.
This role is suitable for DIDO, residential options, or FIFO (salary sacrifice) with subsided accommodation included
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Anglo American, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment where every colleague is valued and respected for who they are and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for vacancies, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
29th September 2020