|Job Type:||Full Time|
The work of the Public Sector team covers a very wide range of government activity. This role will see the successful applicant regularly assisting with dispute resolution and litigation (including merits review and judicial review of government decisions), as well as the provision of advice on decision making and management of legal risks, statutory interpretation, regulatory matters, the conduct of compliance and enforcement activities, and in relation to information privacy and access to information. The team also works on a range of royal commissions, inquiries and inquests.
This busy and varied role will see you:
- Work with clients including government agencies
- Work on a broad range of dispute resolution and litigation matters, as well as administrative law matters such as merits review and judicial review
- Represent clients including government departments and agencies as well as private sector bodies
- Develop your client relationship skills through various client secondments
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- At least 3 years PQE
- Proven experience in public sector and administrative law, and commercial litigation matters
- A strong work ethic
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; required for building client relationships and maintaining a positive team environment
- A team player with strong time management skills
In addition to this, we're looking for a resilient, self-starter. Someone who is able to work autonomously and is focused on attention to detail and providing an outstanding service to their clients.
The Public Sector team
Our National Public Sector group is widely regarded to be the premier private government practice in the country and has a wealth of talent and experience within the team.
The team helps Commonwealth and State Governments with some of their most interesting, significant and technically challenging programs. We use our skills to solve complex legal problems, assist with the development and implementation of program strategy, and inform policy development.
For further information, please visit our Public Sector showcase page on LinkedIn.
How to Apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button or contact the consultant, details below, for more information. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Consultant Contact DetailsEmma Tyson, (03) 9286 6682
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process. Do you require any support or reasonable adjustments to complete your application? If so, please contact the recruiter via the above telephone number or via email to email@example.com.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.