|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
We believe that attracting the right people, maximising their contribution, and rewarding performance is vital for success. By choosing to work at Qube you will be choosing to work at the largest integrated provider of import and export logistics services in Australia with a market capitalization in excess of $3.75 billion as at 30 June 2018. We operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce of over 6,500 employees and contractors.
Qube Logistics operates across 48 sites nationally, covering over 210 hectares of land with 2 corporate administrative offices based in Melbourne and Sydney. Over 3,000 employees support these operations with qualified and experienced staff across all services offered.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Rail Logistics Planner to join us for the upcoming grain season.
About the role
Position: Rail Logistics Planner
Duration: Full Time - starting 15 October 2020
Role Location: Narromine, NSW
Your duties and responsibilities
The Rail Logistics Planner’s primary objective is to plan train movements in a safe, environmentally sensitive, and efficient manner. This involves planning of services, monitoring and reporting rail services and train operations in accordance with Company requirements. This position is also responsible for managing customer requirements and communicating effectively with them.
- Negotiate with track access providers to achieve efficient running of services
- Ensure risks are identified, eliminated, mitigated or managed so far as is reasonably practicable
- Review mainline and terminal status of all customer services on a daily basis
- Engage and communicate issues with teams responsible for the management of train services and resources in a live run environment
- Providing timely operational information and operational support to the managers and live run
- Customer account management to ensure all needs per the contract are being met and customer expectations are being met and/or exceeded on a day to day basis
- Leading Customer business review processes, frequency and scope as agreed with each customer
Qube aims to conduct its business in a safe working environment and to meet corporate objectives and customer expectations. The Rail Logistics Planner must have the skills to ensure that:
- Ability to negotiate with Track Access providers
- Solid knowledge of track access providers corridors NSW and VIC
- Manage and achieve KPI’s attached to your customers
- Commitment to safety
- Strong communicator
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in Rail Planning, to ensure safe and cost effective management of all services.
- Access to QubeCare our employee wellbeing program
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A commitment to develop you to your full potential
- Performance based bonus
- Competitive remuneration
Qube recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected on their unique strengths and characteristics.
Qube is proud to be a WORK180 endorsed Employer for Women. if you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and benefits here https://qube.com.au/.
If you want to invest in your future apply now and we will help you reach your full potential.