- Join ASX 100 Finance Leader
- Flexible workplace & collaborative team – Sydney based
- Temporary 12 month maternity leave contract
BOQ Specialist delivers distinctive banking solutions to niche market segments. Our focus, experience and dedication to our clients have enabled us to become experts in a number of professional niches. We aim to add value to and build partnerships with our clients and we have been providing specialist banking in Australia for over 20 years.Although our products are innovative it’s our client-centric approach that sets us apart – our service offering is our key differentiator.
Be part of the journey for BOQ and enjoy;
- Our broad range of personal and business banking options include transactional and savings accounts, credit cards, residential mortgages, practice purchase and fit-out loans, car loans, SMSF loans and property investment loans. Our approach is characterised by responsive personal service, unconventional thinking, and an ability to be nimble, flexible and innovative.
- Salary packaging options
- Purchase annual leave
- Discounted financial products
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Gym discounts and much more!
About the Role:
As a Card and Payment Operations Analyst you will support the end to end operations for all card and deposit products ensuring their effective operation from enquiry and origination through to account initiation, account usage, account maintenance and account closure.
You will regularly liaise with internal stakeholders, BOQ branch network and external vendors in order to:
- Manage operations for all deposit products by: processing daily payments chargebacks and disputes, managing term deposit maturities and notice withdrawals, managing the successful submission of payment batches and SWIFTS. Managing audit confirmations, trace and recall requests, investigating outstanding reconciliation items, preparation and settlement of Foreign Currency deals, and uploading of batch payments for leasing products
- Manage operations for all card transactions by: Monitor fraud & dispute trends on card and communicate these to the wider business, processing, process card transactions, setting up logic for card promotions, maintaining card stock orders and submitting the Priority Pass file, the points file, statement quality checking and producing monthly invoices for supplier promotions
- Manage system defects, system upgrades and product enhancements by: lodging and tracking defects, assisting with developing business requirements for product enhancements, assisting with projects for new products or system upgrades, assisting with and participating in user acceptance testing for system changes and ensuring card and payment operational processes are continually kept up to date.
Please note this is a 12 month maternity leave contract.
With 2-3 years previous experience within the banking and financial services (preferred), you will need to demonstrate the ability to ensure that all data is accurately entered and processed whilst effectively working with high volume and under pressure. Working within the Cards and Payments Operations team you will need to:
- Enjoy building effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Problem solve, identify issues and work proactively to resolve
- Be open to receiving feedback and working in line with adapting to the feedback
How to apply:
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce.BOQ is a member of the Australian Bankers’ Association and has subscribed to the Conduct Background Check Protocol (Protocol). Under the Protocol, from 1 October 2017, BOQ will contact any previous employer/s who are also part of this association to provide a Conduct Check of any potential employee.
- If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.
- Whilst all applicants will be carefully considered, we will only be able to personally contact you if short-listed for an interview.
- To apply for this role please follow the links
Above all else, you will be a self-directed, motivated team player who exhibits a high level of attention to detail.