|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your exceptional HR business partnering expertise to the team and work a 4 day week
- Enjoy flexibility and interesting work within our strong team culture
- The location for this role is temporarily considered “remote” due to the current requirements for Australians to practice social distancing amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Typically this role is based in Richmond, Melbourne.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Human Resources Business Partner for our Battlespace Integrated Solutions (BIS) line of business, located in Richmond, Melbourne.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
As the Human Resources Business Partner for Battlespace Integrated Solutions, you will work collaboratively, partnering with key stakeholders to deliver people initiatives within the line of business that align to the broader business strategy. This will be a diverse role where you will be able to showcase your breadth and depth of HR generalist experience across strategic projects and core operational activities including the embedding of people strategy elements such as talent management, succession planning, workforce planning, leadership and coaching, by providing high impact support and solutions across the entire employee lifecycle. Reporting to the People Lead – Battlespace Integrated Solutions, you will:
- Contribute to the development of the People Organisation's strategy through the People Lead, and be responsible for supporting the deployment of this, ensuring strong alignment with the program strategy, requirements and objectives
- Work as a strategic business partner to support the development of the portfolio's workforce plan, culture plan and the implementation of the talent and succession strategy
- Coach and support leaders using your strong generalist HR experience to identify, prioritise and build organisational capabilities, behaviours, and solutions that align to the businesses strategic direction
- Drive governance to ensure the risk of the organisation is managed for Employee Relations and Industrial Relations matters, and is compliant with the Operational Framework
- Act as a role model to drive a high performance and inclusive culture, and role model inclusive leadership that inspires and promotes BAE Systems Australia's values and the core leadership behaviours
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification or equivalent experience in a related discipline
- Demonstrated experience as a HR Business Partner or comparable role with experience in managing multiple business and functional priorities
- Significant knowledge of HR policies, processes (e.g., workforce planning and talent management), and talent management practices
- Experience in building and maintaining effective relationships with Business Units, Managers and staff
- Well established stakeholder management skills, including building relationships and effectively coaching and influencing stakeholders to deliver outcomes whilst maintaining key relationships
- Sound business acumen and the ability to operate at the strategic level
- Highly developed planning, prioritising and organisational skills, and the ability to work autonomously
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.