|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across New Zealand and Waiheke is no exception! Just a 35 minute ferry ride from Auckland Harbour, this is an excellent opportunity to join the bustling community of Waiheke Island whilst expanding on your experience within our team of experts!
We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual with industry experience. You will hold a Class 4 licence and be confident in driving a range of vehicles and machinery. This is a varied role in a small collaborative team and as such, being a team player is an absolute must. When we say no two days will look the same, we mean it!
What does a Driver Operator do at Downer?
The Driver Operator will be tasked with operating a range of plant including loaders, trucks and rollers. Your day will involve transporting materials to and from site, trailing aggregates on an unsealed network, loading out materials on the Loader and use of Tractor broom. Physical tasks including concreting and occasional timber work will be required on occasion.
If you are physically fit and enjoy spending your days outdoors and on your feet, this could be the position for you. This is a Monday to Friday role, with potential for rewarded overtime work on weekends. Along with a positive attitude and your commitment to safe worksite practices, we would value the following skills and experience:
- Class 4 Full New Zealand driver’s licence (WTR endorsements are desirable)
- Comfortable driving a range of machinery (training can be provided)
- Experience operating in the civil construction industry
- Ability to work hands-on and unsupervised as well as within a team
- Strong communication skills
- High level of physical fitness
Perks of joining our team
Downer is committed to delivering excellence by ensuring our people have the environment and the means to be successful. We can offer you:
- A stable work environment with continuous projects on the horizon
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear provided
- Full Time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid over time, plus meal allowances
- Extensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career; Development Days and First Aid Course etc.
- The chance to join a highly motivated, friendly and supportive team
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts across retail, health and trade suppliers!
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 573478 and click “Apply Now” to register your interest.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.