|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
The Transport Services division here at Downer has a great track record for delivering high standards of work across Waiheke Island. We are looking for a reliable and motivated individual interested in becoming part of our crew as a Driver Operator.
About the job:
This is a varied role in a small collaborative team and as such being a team player is an absolute must and depending on your skill set , no two days will look the same. You will be tasked with operating a range of plant including loaders, trucks and rollers. Your day will involve transporting materials to and from site, trailing aggregates on unsealed network, loading out materials on the Loader and Tractor broom and assisting with physical tasks including concrete and occasional timber.
If you are physically fit and enjoy spending your days outdoors and on your feet, this could be the position for you. This is a Monday to Friday role, with potential for overtime work on weekends.
Along with a positive attitude and your commitment to safe worksite practises there are a few other essentials, but don’t stress if you don’t tick them all off, we are prepared to train you.
- Class 4 Full New Zealand driver’s licence (WTR endorsements are desirable)
- Comfortable driving a range of machinery (training can be provided)
- Experience operating in the civil construction industry
- Ability to work hands-on and unsupervised as well as within a team
- Strong communication skills
- High level of physical fitness
Perks of joining our team:
- Stable working environment
- Uniform and gear provided
- Full Time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid over time
- Extensive training and development opportunities to enhance your skills and advance your career; Development Days and First Aid Course etc.
- Join a highly motivated, friendly and supportive team.
How to apply:
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter reference number 573478 and click “Apply Now” to register your interest.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.