|Location:||Dandenong South, Preston|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role:
The Purchasing Officer will ensure internal stakeholders and suppliers meet overarching objectives to support the delivery of programs in Through Life Support phase for Newcastle Light Rail (NLR), High Capacity Metro Trains (HCMT), Waratah Train project (WPT) Sydney Growth Trains (SGT) and Millennium (4GT) and Project Management Services at our Cardiff Facility. The position will work closely with Category Managers and Project Managers.
- Coordinate and complete Supply Chain activities
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Governance controls
- Business consultant for Supply Chain issues
- Advanced knowledge of Windows standard programs
Skills and experience:
- Supply Chain experience with qualifications preferred
- Purchasing experience with qualifications preferred
Downer believes that our employees are fundamental to the culture and success of the company. Our people like to work in the Procurement and Supply team because it is a challenging, diverse but rewarding environment.
- Work within an energetic, highly skilled team
- Build key rollingstock projects
- A workplace focused on Zero Harm
- Competitive remuneration package
- Six-month Fixed Term Contract
For further information please email Glenda.Chaffey@downergroup.com.
Please note applications will not be accepted via email , please apply via the link.
Employment with Downer is subject to a Pre-Employment Medical and on-going drug and alcohol screening
Notwithstanding the location of this position, all qualified Australian citizens and permanent residents from all locations are encouraged to apply.