|Job Type:||Full Time|
12 months fixed term contract
Own and build the learning agenda for a significant change programme
- Lending exposure and experience an advantage
- Position can be based in Sydney or at any of our offices Nationally
About the Role
To deliver on our strategy and purpose, BOQ is revolutionising the end to end home buying journey for our customers. The Home Buying Transformation (HBT) project is delivering a significant change programme which sees continuous improvement and innovation across every system, lending process and lender activity in an effort to support more Australians into their homes, sooner. The L&D Consultant – Lending Projects is the Retail Capability Delegate in the Home Buying Transformation Project. The role has the accountability to autonomously scope, design and build the most appropriate learning experiences (across all mediums) and on the job support tools, that empower the retail bank lender to confidently and competently adopt the knowledge, skills and behaviours that each change initiative requires. The role also consult with the Lending Programs Lead in Capability to scope and rebuild all learning material that is impacted by HBT changes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Conduct Training Needs Analysis and reference Change Impact Assessments to identify learning audiences, needs, assumptions and dependencies in knowledge, skills or behaviours required for effective knowledge transfer and change adoption in each audience group
- Scope, Design, Build and deliver/co-deliver learning experiences/modules that effectively develop, assess and embed the knowledge, skills and behaviours required for change programme initiatives within HBT (technical skills, system/software capability, customer conversation skills, policy/procedure knowledge)
- Schedule learning build and provide guidance as to training timelines that informs change schedule and delivery dates
- Efficiently build effective system walk throughs and simulations for all system related changes using Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
- Integrate key change messages and organisational strategy in meaningful ways throughout the build of learning materials to support with change understanding and adoption
- Work with the change manager to scope and design assessment methods and micro-learning tools that assesses effectiveness and allows leaders and team members to continually embed learning post change go-live
- Ongoing refinement and management of existing Retail Capability learning programs and experience to include changes
- Apply the voice of the customer and lender in all engagements with project teams to advocate for necessary a proactively identify and challenge assumptions about what happens today knowledge, skills and behaviours that exist within the learning audience, so todesign capability solutions that would support adoption and embedding of changes
To be considered for this role, you should have the following attributes, skills and/or experience:
- Extensive experience in the scoping, design and build of learning experiences across all mediums and technologies (e-learn, simulations, video, digital classroom leader-led, classroom instructor led, self-paced, leader led, on the job tools, knowledge management resources) across technical (compliance, process, system) and customer engagement competencies for a frontline specialist audience
- Intermediate to advanced skills in learning authoring, information design and media tools which results in the efficient delivery of high quality learning content:
- Required - Articulate 360(Storyline, Rise), Microsoft Office Suite, online video editing/animation tools (Vyond), Digital Classroom software (Webex Training)
- Desired - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), HTML/CSS, Sharepoint, Adobe Captivate
- Well-developed internal consulting skills (Essential)
- Operating understanding of Retail Lending and associated principles, regulations and processes (Desired)
- Proven ability to manage a large volume of disparate work through to completion autonomously
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of training needs analysis, methodologies and moments of learning needs with the ability to choose the most effective learning/performance solution
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.