|Job Type:||Full Time|
12 months fixed term contract
A chance to own, build, deliver and embed the general insurance capability uplift program for the Retail Bank
About the Role
For BOQ to deliver on its strategy and regulatory obligations, it's critical that BOQ team members achieve and continually build upon the knowledge, skills and accreditations required to perform their role well.
The L&D Consultant works within the Retail Capability team and has a dotted reporting line to the Corporate Partner Manager for Insurance to understand the desired outcomes from general insurance related learning interventions, and determine the most appropriate learning experience and sequence of learning to cater for the training needs as they relate to general insurance products, conversations and processes across the Retail network. This position will be accountable for the design, build, delivery and maintenance of training materials (across all mediums) for delivery to the retail channel, and embedding into the existing retail training pathways for new starters across Contact Centre, Customer Protection Team and Branches.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Scope, Design, Build and Deliver insurance holistic learning experiences that develop, assess and embed knowledge, skills and behaviours across insurance products, regulations and customer conversations and complement our broader conversations with banking customers
- Design, curate and build learning experiences across all mediums and technologies (digital, e-learn, video, instructor led, leader-led, self-paced, on the job tools, knowledge management resources) across technical (compliance, process, system), leadership and customer engagement competencies
- Integrate learning experiences at the appropriate point in each Retail Bank role's induction and mastery learning pathways
- Design assessment methods and micro-learning tools that allow leaders and team members to understand current skill level and address with self and team
- Ongoing refinement and management of Training content including implementation and ongoing requirements of legislative and policy changes
- To understand the roles in Retail network and suggest training solutions that would enhance performance
- Manage the nomination, administration and preparation of training materials for Training courses that are delivered face to face or digitally
- To deliver learning for other initiatives and projects across Retail Bank as directed by the Head of Retail Capability
- Continually evaluate, refine and communicate the learning experiences available to the Branch network to ensure relevance, effectiveness and adoption
To be considered for this role, you should have the following attributes, skills and/or experience:
- Demonstrated understanding of training needs analysis, methodologies and moments of learning needs with the ability to choose the most effective learning/performance solution
- Demonstrated systems thinking capabilities with the ability to distinguish training needs from other needs (i.e. process improvement)
- Operating understanding of General Insurance Products and Regulation (Essential)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in learning authoring, information design and media tools which results in the efficient delivery of high quality learning content
- Required - Articulate 360(Storyline, Rise), Microsoft Office Suite, online video editing/animation tools (Vyond)
- Desired - Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), HTML/CSS, Sharepoint, Adobe Captivate,"
- Demonstrated information and communication design skills which enable effective knowledge transfer and understanding
- Demonstrated use of engaging facilitation techniques that support knowledge transfer in classroom and digital classroom
- Proven ability to manage a large volume of disparate work through to completion autonomously
- Well-developed internal consulting and internal communication skills
- Experiencing embedding customer conversation and coaching frameworks
- Experience leading and operationalising change
- Demonstrated understanding of team member and leadership roles, tasks and responsibilities within a retail sales and service, contact centre and/or financial services environments (Essential)
BOQ is passionate about providing opportunities for you to develop your career as we continuously adapt and deliver in a transformational and collaborative environment with a strong focus on community.
We support a flexible workplace and we are committed to an inclusive and diverse culture where differences are embraced!
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discounted financial products
- Salary sacrificing options
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer days
- Purchase annual leave
- BUPA Corporate Plan
- Mentoring and leadership programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Gym, shopping, technology and travel offers!
How to Apply
To apply for this role please follow the links or apply via our Careers Page.
The Bank of Queensland is committed to diversity and an inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.
If you are successful for a role with the Bank of Queensland, it is a condition of employment that background screening is completed to ensure that the Bank complies with its obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act. These checks may include, but are not limited to: identity, verification, reference checks, criminal background checks, immigration checks, verification of academic qualifications, bankruptcy checks.