|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world-leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources and energy sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer
Due to continued growth, Downer Mining has an excellent opportunity available for a qualified Trainer Assessor to join our Mining team working on our Karara project based in the Gascoyne.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Trainer Assessor, you will be responsible for mentoring and training people in the safe and productive operation of mobile plant equipment specifically (but not limited to) dozer and excavator shovel training. Duties include:
- Upskilling current operators
- Training new operators in effective operation of mobile equipment
- Risk management with the safety of trainee's as your highest priority
- Coordinating and training with consideration given to minimising the impact on production
- Conducting theory and practical assessments;
- Development of training packages as required;
To be considered for this position you must have;
- Previous experience with Conducting Training & Assessment on large earthmoving equipment; Trucks, Large Excavators and Ancillary Equipment.
- Shovel training experience with excavators and dozers is essential
- Minimum of Cert IV in Training & Assessment
- High-risk tickets - Forklift, Working at Heights, Confined space; Advantageous
- Cert 3 in Metalliferous Mining or Surface Extraction is desirable
- Excellent operational skills & knowledge of the machines
- Safety focus with high attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an emphasis on developing effective relationships and team building;
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- The benefits of secure, full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health & wellbeing benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
The role is on an 8:6 roster with the option to either DIDO Geraldton, or FIFO Perth. Karara is conveniently located ion the Gascoyne region of WA which means flights from Perth are only 45mns long.
At Downer we are committed to fostering a culture that empowers our people, promotes teamwork and embraces sustainability. Our values, strategy and direction are clear, and we are committed to Zero Harm and to the career development of our people.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your current resume to this application. For any queries or help with your application please contact Patrick Hardie on Patrick.email@example.com
Downer does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies.