|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are currently recruiting for a senior level Mechanical Design Engineer to join our established armoured fighting vehicle design capability. This role provides technical leadership in the advanced design of systems, subsystems and components of armoured vehicles over the product life cycle. The work will be carried out within cross-functional project specific teams whereby a high level of independent thought and action is required as is mentoring of less experienced staff.
About the role
As the Mechanical Design Engineer you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Manage a technical project or capability team;
- Conceive and select concepts in response to Requirements using a range of tools and methods including weighted Trade Off Studies, FMECA etc.;
- Realise selected concepts into documented prototype designs using integrated PDM/CAD (TEAMCENTER/NX);
- Support manufacture and verification of prototypes and incorporate test results as appropriate;
- Develop, release and maintain production documentation;
- Participate in formal and informal Design Reviews;
- Provide problem solving and continuous improvement support to Production and Through Life Support;
- Mentor less experienced staff;
- Assist in the development of departmental capability; and
- Fulfil other duties and responsibilities that may be required as determined with your manager from time to time.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role include:
- Tertiary qualifications in a Mechanical Engineering that is recognised by Engineers Australia;
- 10 -15 years’ experience in military or automotive vehicle design;
- Demonstrated technical team leadership experience;
- Have excellent written English communication skills using automotive engineering terminology;
- Experience with Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) and Finite Element Analysis (FEA) (Desirable);
- Experience working in a low volume engineered product environment (preferably with Siemens NX);
- Experience with armoured vehicle systems - mobility, weapons, protection, mission (Desirable)
- Must currently hold or be eligible to gain the appropriate Australian Security Clearance (Must hold Australian Citizenship); and
- Ability to travel interstate and/or internationally when required.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products
- Opportunity for career development and further training
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
+61 (0)428 881 736