|Job Type:||Full Time|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Work with key stakeholders to influence strategic business solutions for key defence programs
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Business Analyst in the Research and Technology group of our ASC Shipbuilding team based in Tonsley, SA.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course, some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Business Analyst to join our Research and Technology Team (R&T) based in Tonsley, SA.
You will be responsible for assisting in the clarification of business or customer needs through the investigation, analysis, review and documentation of requirements to contribute to ensure that delivered solutions are appropriate and aligned to the business or customer needs.
You will develop and maintain broad awareness across the R&T portfolio and priority is to be given to the Digital Manufacturing stream projects currently within Horizon 1, as directed by the Senior Project Manager.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Work with Project Manager and Task Leads to develop plans of work
- Conduct business and stakeholder needs analysis
- Develop business and customer requirements in support of R&T projects mapped to business and stakeholder needs
- Develop and maintain applicable requirement management documentation and systems for allocated projects
- Assist in the tailoring of business requirements developed to align business need with appropriate R&T outputs and approved scope
- Perform verification & validation of project deliverables ensuring that it can be mapped tangibly to business and stakeholder needs
- Work with Project Manager and Task Leads to help facilitate workshops, briefings and reviews
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience business analysis spanning across multiple business capability domains
- The ability to apply business knowledge to customer business requirements
- High level of interpersonal and customer communication, customer focus, and negotiation skills
- The ability to cope in high pressure situations to manage conflicts, provide influence and build trusted relationships
- Demonstrated analytical thinking and problem solving in the area of defining problems, determine innovative solutions, and validate solutions against customer needs and requirements
- The ability to provide support beyond the normal working hours
Whilst not essential, tertiary qualifications in business or information technology and certification from the International Institute of Business Analysis and ITIL will be an advantage.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy. The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and Veterans for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.