|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Working collaboratively across sectors and with the client to ensure seamless delivery and outcomes, were looking for our next Supervisor to bring a strong focus to the delivery on project requirements, optimising resource use and achieving target results. This is a great role for a driven individual looking to make their mark!
About the role
You’ll be someone who can lead our frontline staff and be a strong and important member of our delivery team. As a member of the road delivery team, you’ll be responsible for ensuring a positive Zero Harm culture is continually developed and enhanced.
Ensure our key customer and stakeholder relationships are enhanced and continue good working relationships within the Palmerston North team are maintained and developed, actively fostering a “leading through collaboration” and “best for network” approach. Day to day you will:
- Provide training and development for any new staff
- Successfully plan projects or programmes everything included down to the tiniest detail
- Organise, direct and control all activities and operations of crew, to ensure that work is completed to the satisfaction of the client
- Cost management where you will need to track cost and revenue to meet budget and ensure all appropriate costs are claimed
As an experienced supervisor in the construction industry, you’ll bring with you a proven track record of supervising teams and subcontractors in a range of maintenance and construction activities plus:
- An in-depth knowledge of the construction industry including pavements/3Waters/drainage
- A focus and passion for keeping people and the environment safe with Health & Safety knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
What's in it for you?
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 573049.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.