|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our New Plymouth team is growing with projects expanding in the New Plymouth District Council contract we have new supervisor role that is the perfect opportunity for an experienced supervisor to join our Delivery team.
About the role
Working on a diversity of projects that includes all manner of things – pavements, roading maintenance, drainage and sustainability, you will make providing leadership and guidance to our frontline team as your number one priority. Day to day you will be:
- Ensuring our deliverables are being achieved
- Utilising all resources to their fullest potential to provide a customer focussed and responsive service
- Continuing and developing our positive Zero harm culture
- Enhancing our processes including safety, traffic management, quality, environmental, financial and resource management
Additionally, this person will ensure key customer and key stakeholder relationships are enhanced and good working relationships with the New Plymouth District council are maintained and developed, actively fostering a “leading through collaboration” and “best for network” approach.
It is essential to have several years’ supervisor experience in the civil construction industry with particular experience in roading maintenance. Plus you’ll have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Health & Safety knowledge
- Ability to influence with demonstrated leadership behaviours that empower others
- Ability to drive projects and complete within specified time frames
- Full Class 1 drivers licence minimum
Whats in it for you?
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 572899.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.